2 users setting rights

Rob_S
Rob_S Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited December 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage

Hello,

I have a Zyxel NSA310s and i would likt to make the following setting but how do i do that?
I have 2 users say A and B
And i have 2 sharenames Video (standard) and i made Kids share
Now i would like to have A the right to see Video and Kids share
And B the rights to see Kids
I only can set it that both see the same Video and Kids share or only Video or Only Kids share.

I probely do somethings stupid but i don't now what.

And sorry for my English is not my strongest point.
I hope somebody can help me.
Kind regards,
Rob

#NAS_Dec_2018

Comments

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Hi, 

You have to edit your shared folder and set it as advance, then you can choose the user who you want to limit the permission.
    And you can refer the user manual on page 85.
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NSA310S/user_guide/NSA310S_V4.70 Ed4.pdf

• Rob_S

Thanks this was very help full.
    But i still don't have it working.
    Can find Tool Map Network drive see picture.
    I have Explorer from Windows 10 mayebe you can tell how to do this in windows 10 Explorer.
    Thanks.

• Ijnrsi
    NSA310S is the SMBv1 device, that Windows 10 now is block SMBv1 in default, thus, you need to enable it.
    You can refer the following link as the official knowledge base:
    https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360005563933-Reactivate-SMBv1-support-for-NAS-devices-on-Windows-10
  • Rob_S

Here is an overview of my settings see the pictures i added
    The problem is that Parents and Kids see the same dir.
    For now the Parents have access to Video and video/Kinder films films for Parenst (this is correct)
    But for kids I only want access to dir video/kinder films (now the see video and video/Kinder films not correct)
    But with current settings this does not work.
    And at Media Server / Share Publish i can check off Video but then nobody has access to Video or Video/kinder films
    But i don't think SMBv1 is the problem what ljnrsi refers to.
    So if someone can help me further I would be very grateful

• Ijnrsi
    How do you check the differenet folder with parent and kid account?
    I remmand you to use web GUI by login parent and kid account to see what folder can be access.
    If you test with Windows 10 file explorer, that it will keep your login account when you first time logged, but you can remove it by "net use * /delete" via windows terminal to clear the information, then you can change login account to test.

Moreover, you can also change authority from Full to Deny to block kids account access.

• Rob_S

Hello,
    First i have set everthing in Deny see the picture but stil user kids can access dir video and video/kinder films
    How is that possible.
    The onyl way to deny access to video is to uncheck at Shares Public Videos every other setting has no effect.
    I thought that assigning the rights was all to be regulated via Zyxel Nas Login.
    What you advice is web GUI what is that ?
    And I'm not a programmer if that's necessary. I know how to start cmd but i know very little of the commands to use.

Gettin a little bit desperate but still trying of course stil hoping for further help.
    and i hope you don't get desperate you probably think it is not that difficult, of course
    Waiting for more help thanks in advance

• Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    Hi, 

I am curious about if you setup two accounts and the permission to access the different shared folders why you can mount this two shared folders in Windows. did you use admin account to add network drive? 
  • Rob_S
    Hi Batou,
    All the settings i made that i thought would work are in the message from 19 december.
    I thought it would work that way but no.
    Saturday i will try out what lnjrsi wrote but i need more info to do that.
    But it is not possible to just add rights to view maps through the settings from the Zyxel nas?
  • Rob_S
    I think the only way for me to get it working if somebody can give me an example how to do this.
    And all comments have helped but not to get it working yet.
    Just can believe that this should be such a big problem to get the settings right but for me it is. 
  • Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    I based on your information to record a test, here you can see or download from this link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv3emst5aj96tff/record.mp4?dl=0

Consumer Product Help Center