Is there a way to encourage my Android phone to connect to the Multi X with the fasted WIFi signal

TonyC
TonyC Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited January 2019 in Multy WiFi System
I have just installed 2 Multi X devices. One upstairs and one down. I have given them both the same network name for 2.4 and 5ghz. My problem is that once my phone (Samsung S8+ latest Android version)  has latched on to one it won't let go and latch on th the faster one as I move round the house. Is there a solution other than manual intervention?

#MultyX_Jan_2019

All Replies

• Dash
    Dash Posts: 65  Ally Member
    As far as I know, when Multy X finds that the signal is better than 1st node after the client device is close to 2nd node, Multy X tells the client device to connect to 2nd node through 802.11kv. But roaming or not, it is depend on client device decision/design.

My problem is that once my phone (Samsung S8+ latest Android version)  has latched on to one it won't let go and latch on th the faster one as I move round the house.
    How do you know Samsung S8+ won't to switch the faster one node? Do you try to wait a while when you closer that node?

Is there a solution other than manual intervention?
    Maybe you can try to turn off and turn on WiFi of Samsung S8+.

Consumer Product Help Center