Let's discuss Ethernet backhaul benefit of Multy X!

Dexter
Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2018 in Multy WiFi System
I saw a lot of people want to implement Ethernet backhaul, but it seems still under development.
Let's share your comment about Ethernet backhaul? Why do you want it?
Maybe it can give ZYXEL to launch this feature ASAP if possible. :p

Comments

• st_pet
    st_pet Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Uhm, my house is two-storey design with concrete floor. I got WiFi speed around 280Mbps uplink/downlink. So impressive no wire!
    If Multy can support tri-band AP with ethernet backhaul, then it would be a good idea for the small office or restaurant to serve more visitors. Can it be?
  • W1zard1
    W1zard1 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    I  have 3 House Levels  and cable from the Ground to the 2 Level. The Wifi Connection is not the best.  The Ethernet Connection will be good for a better communication between the multys.
  • odifoke
    odifoke Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Since this thread was started, ZyXELZ have released the 'Multy U' (WSR30), which supports wired / ethernet backhaul.

Multy X still doesn't support it. Very disappointed.

Would like ZyXEL to officially announce a planned release date for ethernet backhaul in 2019.
  • odifoke
    Please vote up the original post if you agree.

• odifoke
     'Multy U' (WSR30), still supports wired / ethernet backhaul. WSQ50 (Multy X) does not. Any news on what is happening on your promise @Zyxel_Steven?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    @odifoke,

Ethernet backhaul for Multy X/Multy Plus is still under developing. If there is any news, we will update it.
  • Baloo247
    Baloo247 Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    ** bump **

Any update/expected release date for this feature. I really need it as I live in a very old property with issues of getting signal between my two units. 

Thanks
  • Dash
    Dash Posts: 65  Ally Member
    Hi Baloo247,

I'm directly connected my two Multy X nodes via Ethernet cable and it works, for your reference.
    First, you need to setup two Multy X nodes to use wireless backhaul, then use Ethernet cable to connect each other directly.
  • Baloo247
    Baloo247 Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    Dash - have you validated your satellite traffic is going over the wired connection? Otherwise it'll just be using the wireless. I'd still like a response from the Zyxel team. 
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Dear All,

We have planned to support Ethernet backhaul for Multy X and Multy Plus in next official firmware. And we will keep you posted if there is any update.

Consumer Product Help Center