[VMG8825-B50B] USB port runs slow on file transfer

Haikoan
Haikoan Posts: 6  Freshman Member
edited February 2019 in Smart Home Product
Hi all,
I have just installed the VMG8825-B50B and works well except for the Hard disk connected to the USB 3.0.

when i transfer every type of file it reaches peaks of 3MBps and then slow down to an average of 300kBps. tried to trasfer from different laptops and tried to connect different hard disks, same story.

#CPE_Feb_2019

Comments

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member

Hi Haikoan,

What’s your firmware version?
    What’s your connection between the Hard disk and computer? Use wireless or Ethernet cable?
    And what’s your internet connection average of throughput?
  • Haikoan
    Fw version is V5.13(ABLZ.0)b10_20180319

Hard disk is connected to the USB of the zyxel and connected to the computer through wireless (tried both 5ghz and 2.4ghz no difference in terms of speed, both are slow)

Internet connection on wireless is 300mbps in download on 5ghz and approx 40mbps in 2.4ghz
  • AAAAL

Hi Haikoan,

May I know what’s the client you used for the 2.4g and 5g download? The smart phone or laptop?
    Is it a single case on your hard disk devices? Have you took the other USB and have the same issue (300Kbps)?
  • Tremors
    Tremors Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    Hello.
    I've got the same issue here. The file transfer to the HDD connected to the USB port of the Zyxel is very slow. My PC is connected through Ethernet cable to the router, but copying files to the HDD with Windows Explorer takes ages. So I tried with an FTP Client (Filezilla), but this way the files are not copied because of a TLS security error.
  • Haikoan
    edited February 2019
    Hi AAAAL,
    Thanks for the feedback. 

I tried with explorer and torrent. With torrent the local download runs as fast as expected,  but with remote HDD on the zyxel USB starts the peak of 2/3 seconds to normal speed then slow down on 300kbps or slower. Tried both on smartphone and one laptop with 2.4ghz wifi and another laptop with 5ghz wifi. No differences.

Tested the file transfer on the HDD USB directly connected to the laptop, speed runs as expected. 
  • Haikoan
    To bypass the problem I connected my netgear router via ethernet, which USB ports are working fine. 

Very disappointed about zyxel quality
  • AAAAL

Hi Haikoan

May I know what’s your HDD USB devices? Is it possible to provide the devices model name?
    Is it use the USB3.0 interface or 2.0?
  • Haikoan
    Maxtor D3 4TB and 2TB with USB 3.0

Now connected to the netgear (connected via ethernet to the zyxel) both are working at the expected speed. 
  • AAAAL

Hi Haikoan,

I take my VMG8825-B50B and test USB throughput, the result is as expected.
    So it may need to be a compatibility problem between Maxtor D3 and VMG8825-B50B.
    Will try to find one and test it.
  • Haikoan
    Thanks AAAAL, is there any compatibility list for USB devices? Which HDD model did you connected to the VMG8825-B50B? 

Consumer Product Help Center