Multy U. Problems with Netatmo Weather Station falling in&out

widert
widert Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited May 2019 in Multy WiFi System
I am struggling big time with Wi-Fi Connecticut to my Netatmo weather station. When using the «old» Wi-Fi it was stable, but now with mesh it disconnects from Wi-Fi constantly ? 

Also maybe worth to mention that I’m struggling with Spotify Connect as well, where some hardware just doesn’t show up in the «devices» list.

Any suggestions?

#MultyU_May_2019

Comments

• JamesL
    JamesL Posts: 38
    First Comment
    edited May 2019
    Where do you place the Netatmo? Is it far from Multy?
    You can move the Netatmo close to the Multy U, and make sure that the distance won't an issue of the disconnection.
    Or you can test the signal by standing near the Netatmo with your smartphone.  

• widert
    widert Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    I've placed it just a meter away and it still drops out... :|

Seems like there is some kind of WiFi incompatibility between Netatmo and Multy...
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment

@widert ,

In order to provide you with better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.

• Hi!
    I have the same problem, please contact me to!
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear Sir,

To clarify the issue, here are some questions that need your response.
    1. What is your network topology?
    2. Can you describe more details about your issue?
    3. Is your issue related to Netatmo weather station?
    4. Are your devices using Multy U? 
    5. Where are your multy and the weather station located in your environment, can you draw a picture of it?
    6. What color are your Root Multy and Extender Multy when the issue happened?
    7. Please send feedback to us for further check, and please make sure all the multy device is connected on the multy  APP before sending the feedback to us.

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • Oystein Hermansen
    edited October 2020
    I am having the same problem. Replaced my old T-Link gateway which had common SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz and “smart band steering” with 3 x Multy U.  Upgraded Multy to latest firmware. Using bridge mode since I have an advanced router. 

Config:
    Multy 1 - main, connected to router 
    Multy 2 - connected only to Multy 1. App reports “perfect position”
    Multy 3 - connected only to Multy 1. App reports “perfect position”

If I unplug Multy 3 and move almost out of the house, I will be in a position where only 2.4 GHz is available. In this position, Netatmo works fine and receive and IP from the DCHP server in the router. The Netatmo unit connects to the Internet and all is fine.  If I move the Netatmo in a position with both 2.4 and 5 GHz, it does not connect to the WiFi at all.

The color on all of the Multy U is “normal” (bluish with red elements, maybe pink-ish). Everything else is working ok. 

Please assist. 
  • workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Does this issue only happen on the weather station?
    I think you can contact Netatmo support about this issue too.

Maybe you can try to separate the 2.4G and 5G SSID on the Multy, will that stable the connection issue on the weather station?
  • I have contacted Netatmo as well. But separating 2.4 and 5 GHz is not an option because that will disable true mesh. 
  • workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I'm not sure if it helps, but i found that the wifi connection on Netatmo station may have some problems if there are multiple wifi with the same SSID in the environment.

https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/smart-home-weather-station-and-accessories/connection-wi-fi-radio/advanced-network-troubleshooting-guide

• Tensori
    Tensori Posts: 1
    I have this same problem. Has someone figured it out? I have separated 2.4 and 5 g, but that didn't help.

Consumer Product Help Center