Connection issues after newest FW (v2.10(ABKJ.8)C0) for Multy X

Lomprayah
Lomprayah Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited June 2019 in Multy WiFi System
Hi

Never had any problem with the Wifi signal/connection on my Multy X system, but after updating to the newest FW (v2.10(ABKJ.8)C0) we suddenly have connection problems both on Mac and iphones, the connection suddenly just drops and when trying to connect again, it connects but with no internet connection, if i restart the mac or change to the guest network and then connect again to Multy X it works.

#MultyX_Jun_2019

Comments

• ZyxelRichard
    ZyxelRichard Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    Same problem. But in addition only the primary node has updated to V2.10(ABKJ.8)C0. The secondary node remains at V2.10(ABKJ.7)C0. 
    Does anybody know how to reload the earlier version of firmware?
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2019
    @Lomprayah, @ZyxelRichard,
    In order to provide you with better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
  • PeterK
    PeterK Posts: 38  Freshman Member
    edited June 2019
    If you connect to Multy wifi successfully, but with no internet, which may have two cause of it.
    1. The device connects to the root node, but root node didn't access the internet.
    2. The device connects to node 2, but it already disconnected with the root node. That's why the internet isn't available, but still connected.  
  • tomas
    tomas Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Same problem. After upgraded to latest firmware V2.10(ABKJ.8)C0 my connection speed is very slow. Sometimes connection is dropping down to zero. Is it possible to downgrade to previous firmware? Before firmware upgrade my Multy's was working us a dream  
  • Alfie2019
    Alfie2019 Posts: 1
    Basically same problem here too. Since latest firmware regularly I will still be connected to my Multy but with no internet connection. The light will go red on the Multy too. Sometimes will start working on it own or sometimes I will need to restart. This is so annoying and frustrating when it was working perfectly before.

Also, not sure if related,  my Multy has been making a kind of buzzing noise when it’s being used.
  • JamesL
    JamesL Posts: 38
    First Comment
    edited June 2019
    @tomas,
    Did your Multy show red light, or just the speed droped?

@Alfie2019, @tomas
    How many end devices connected to the Multy in your network system? 
    Is it a lot(10-30) or a few(1-10)?
  • tomas
    tomas Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    JamesL my Multy’s is not showing red light, just speed is fluctuating a lot. To my system connected 14 end devices, but was same devices before upgrade and speed was constantly very good
  • JamesL
    JamesL Posts: 38
    First Comment
    @tomas
    What kind of environment that your Multy placed?
     Is the place full of wifi signal?
    My guess is that your end devices steer from 5G to 2.4G, and it may be some noise interference in your WLAN environment to cause the problem. 
    You can try to reboot your Multy because Multy will re-select a better channel for the wifi signal. I hope it will have any improvement.

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    @Alfie2019
    In order to provide you with better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
  • jb68
    jb68 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Same issue here, Secondary Node been disconnecting and have to keep turning wifi off and on, on my iPhone for it to work 

Consumer Product Help Center