NAS542 freigegebenen Ordner hinzufügen Add NAS542 shared folder

Options
Surfseppel
Surfseppel Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
HAllo ins Forum.  (Englisch version pls look at the end of text)
Leider ist das deutsche Forum Down. Dort gabe es wohl mal eine Antwort auf meine Frage. Aber die kann google leider nicht mehr finden.

Will man einen neun freigegebenen Ordner hinzufügen, wird man nach der Veröffentlichung gefragt:
Diesen Share dem Media-Server als veröffentlicht anzeigen
Wähle ich den ersten, erscheint die Meldung "Da Sie dieses Share im Web veröffentlicht haben, haben alle Benutzer ungeachtet der Sicherheitseinstellungen aus dem Internet oder über Medien-Clients einen Lesezugriff.

Was heißt das genau?? Kann mit dieser Eintellung Gott und die Welt (da draußen) meine Dateien sehen, oder die gar öffenen??

Oder "nur" die Nutzer, die sich im lokalen Netz befinden???????

Vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung!

Hello forum.
Unfortunately, the German forum is down. There would probably be an answer to my question. Unfortunately, google can not find it anymore.

If you want to add a new shared folder, you will be asked after the release:
Show this share as published to the media server
If I choose the first one, the message "Because you have posted this share on the web, all users have read access regardless of security settings from the Internet or via media clients.

What does it mean exactly?? With this attitude, can God and the world (out there) see my files or even open them ??

Or "only" the users who are in the local network ???????

Thanks for your support!

#NAS_Jun_2019

All Replies

• Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    Options
    You can refer to the user's guide of ZYXEL NAS series.
    https://www.zyxel.com/support/download_landing/product/nas540_22.shtml?c=gb&l=en&pid=20131231165121&tab=User_s_Guide&pname=NAS540

Here is the introduction:

If you published media type (music or photo or video) in that folder to media server or web, user can use media player or browser to see/play these files in your local network.

If you did the port forward setting of media server/web publish on your router which connected before your NAS device, user can use your router's WAN IP + port number to check these files.

I hope this information is helpful. :)
  • Surfseppel
    Surfseppel Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
       vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort. (Englisch version pls look at the end of text)
    Leider bin ich immer noch etwas unsicher. Möglicherweise liegt das an einem Fehler in der Übersetzung in die Deutsche GUI.
    In der englischen GUI ist geschrieben:  "Because you have chosen to Publish this share, all users will have read only access to this share from the web or media client, despite any other security settings."

In der Deutschen steht:  "Da Sie dieses Freigabe im Web veröffentlicht haben, haben alle Benutzer ungeachtet der Sicherheitseinstellungen aus dem INTERNET oder über Medien-Clients einen Lesezugriff. (von Google Translater übersetzt!)

Sehe ich es also richtig, dass nur Personen innerhalb des lokalen Netzwerk zugriff auf die Dateien im Ordner "photo" haben. Ein Zugriff aus dem www, also dem INTERNET ist nicht möglich????
    ---------

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I'm still a bit unsure. This may be due to an error in the translation into the German GUI. In the English GUI is written:  "Because you have chosen to Publish this share, all users will have read only access to this share from the web or media client, despite any other security settings."

In the German GUI stands:
    "Because you have published this share on the Web, all users have read access regardless of the security settings from the INTERNET or media clients" (translated by google translater: Da Sie dieses Freigabe im Web veröffentlicht haben, haben alle Benutzer ungeachtet der Sicherheitseinstellungen aus dem INTERNET oder über Medien-Clients einen Lesezugriff. )

So I think it's correct that only people within the local network have access to the files in the photo folder. By this, an access from the www (=public INTERNET) is not possible????

Thanks for your support!

• Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    Options
    If you do not set any port forward rule for this publish on your router, only local user (in the same network) can access/view the shared folder.

Consumer Product Help Center