Multy U Ethernet Backhaul Problem

Options
bbhh
bbhh Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited August 2019 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,
I have two Multy U in my network. Primary one is connected to a switch. Modem with internet access is also connected to same switch. Secondary Multy U is operating with Wifi Backhaul with no problem. However I want to use Ethernet backhaul to improve performany of the secondary even more. 
Problem: The moment I connect the WAN port of the secondary Multy U to the switch for ethernet backhaul, the LED turns red, inficating no internet connection.
This seems to be a new thing after yesterdays firmware upgrade, however not sure if things are in connection with that upgrade.

Comment: I use Multy U in Bridge mode. DHCP is my Router/ Modem connected to the switch.

Do you have any idea whats the problem here and how I can use ethernet backhaul in my network?

Thanks very much for your ideas on this.

Best,
bbhh

#MultyU_Aug_2019

All Replies

• JamesL
    JamesL Posts: 38
    First Comment
    edited August 2019
    Options
    According to your description, your topology will look like this:
    Modem -----Switch-------Primary Multy
                                     |------------Second Multy
    It's incorrect, please follow below link to set up your system.
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/2548/how-to-set-up-multy-u-wsr30-with-ethernet-backhaul#latest

PS, you will have to reboot both Multys after you set them in a correct way.

• bbhh
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. However, the setup shown is not exactly the one that I have. In the scenario shown, the modem is directly connected to primary Multy U. In my case Modem and primary Multy U is connected to switch. 
    Does this make a difference?
  • bbhh
    Options
    Just tried it as described. The moment I restart the second Multy U with Ethernet Backhaul, both led go red. 

Any thoughts on this?
  • JamesL
    JamesL Posts: 38
    First Comment
    Options
    The topology should be like this.
    Modem<LAN>----Switch-----<WAN>Primary Multy<LAN>-------<WAN>Second Multy
    Or
    Modem<LAN>----Switch-----<WAN>Primary Multy<LAN>----Switch-----<WAN>Second Multy

Please reboot them without Ethernet backhaul, then plug the cable after they boot up.
    If the second Multy is very far from the primary one, please wait for the primary one boots up.
    Next, connect the Ethernet cable before the second Multy bootup. 

Consumer Product Help Center