When we will get firmware update on LTE5366?

ralliartur
ralliartur Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
I have it for like two months now and this router is a joke considering its price.

1. When stand is mounted there are difficulties with inserting LAN cables to ports
2. LAN 1 - even if it is not configured as failover you can connect only to router - other connections on local LAN are blocked,
3. Upload speed on LTE and external antenna is a joke 3Mb/s ! With 60Mb/s download at the same time...
4. Constant breaking of LTE connection - there is no switch in menu to connect/disconnect LTE to make it simpler to reconnect (workaround is possible with apply WAN configuration)

After 5 years with Huawei routers - they are way better in terms of LTE radio (but they suck in terms of routing and so on configuration)

I'm really disappointed with this purchase 

#SP_Aug_2019

All Replies

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Hi ralliartur, 

1. I understand that the stand's design does not fit to all the LAN ports. I will talk to my colleagues in order to stress the importance of user experience and user-oriented design. 
    2. I can see the same behavior. I will discuss with my colleagues. 
    3. Could you please check which LTE band it is (Monitor > LTE Modem Status > Operation Band)? Could you please check whether all the LTE bands your service provider supports would have low upload speed? 
    - You may find the LTE bands on this Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks). 
    - You can configure the LTE band on the Management WAN page (Configuration > Network > WAN > Management WAN > WAN-1 > Band Selection - Manual), and tick only one LTE band in order to force the router to connect by different bands. Please note that your service provider may not transmit all the band's signals which it supports in your neighborhood.

4. Could you please enable "Network Monitor" on the WAN-1 profile and check the connection stability?

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi ralliartur, Obrian, 

I will send the latest LTE5366 firmware to you separately. 
  • ralliartur
    edited August 2019
    For your questions:

Point 3 - it is Band7 (i have setting 4G only auto), I will provide details when i'll log in in home. For me it seems to be something wrong with signal strenght, as on Band3 and Band20 (strongest signal in my location) upload speeds are better. Previously on Huawei B5186s-22a it was not a problem at all in terms of upload on band 7

Point 4 - i have this setting to point on DNS1 / DNS2 (1.1.1.1/ 8.8.8.8)
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi ralliartur, 

Thanks for your feedback.
    Please keep us posted. 

Regards, 

Bob
  • ralliartur
    Hi,

I've installed new firmware and here are my observations:
    Lost connection - still occurs with no reason at all, but now with monitoring being enabled it manages to establish it again (sometimes it takes >3 minutes). I'll try to collect one week of logs with rsyslog and then i can send it to you.

Otherwise it seems to be running good, but still this 3Mb/s upload
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi Ralliartur, 

Thanks for the update. 

Regards, 

Bob
  • ralliartur
    Ok, I need to point out really strange thing:
    On Windows 10 when i use app for speedtest from windows store i have much more higher results than test performed on speedtest.net website

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi Ralliartur, 

I also compare the speed test results between the app and the web page. It seems that the upload speed from the web page is inferior than the app.
    You may refer to the following images.
    In general, the download speeds are the same across different attempts; the upload speeds measured by the app are roughly 10 - 15 Mbps, the ones measured by the web page are about 20 Mbps. 

App:

Web page: 

Later on I also compare OOKLA web page and another speed test website, nperf, nperf shows slightly better upload speed as well. I cannot find any reference which proves that the app tests would have better results than the web page results, but I would suggest compare results from different means of test apps/sites.

Consumer Product Help Center