Sim Card not ready LTE3301

StaffanM
StaffanM Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
I have a LTE3301 that have stopped to work all of sudden. When I log in to the the router it says that "Sim card is not ready". How do I fix this issue? Any suggestions. 

#SP_Jun_2019

All Replies

• bbb
    bbb Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    Hi, 

Could you provide the screenshot on the LTE Modem Status page (Monitor > LTE Modem Status). I would like to know the status shown on this page.

Also, did this issue happen right when you purchase the router and the moment when you start to use it? If not, is there any specific configuration you did before it happened? For example, did you remove the SIM card and insert it again? 

Regards, 

Bob
  • StaffanM
    StaffanM Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Have worked for about 2 years. No changes were made before it stopped to work. 
  • Kent
    Kent Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I have exactly the same problem.
    It worked during one year and a half.
    Suddenly last night, the light power started blinking green and the light network bar was blinking red.

Today, I have the same error message when i'm connected to the interface web of my 3301-Q222 Zyxel. 
    I tried to upgrade the firmware, nothing changed.
    It's strange because my Sim Card is still working on my phone.
    There must be a hardware problem ! But it's really weird because no one touched the router and i made no change (it's the second time i'm logged in to the web interface !)

If you have any advice,

Thanks

Sorry for my english, I'm not that good I'm French (:
  • bbb
    Hi Kent, 

What are the firmware versions before and after the firmware upgrade?
    May I know whether your LTE service provider is Orange France?
    Also, after the LED behavior changes, can the LTE3301 still connect to the Internet? Could you please describe the Internet connection in more details?

Thank you. 

Regards, 

Bob

• anekrasov
    anekrasov Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    edited October 2019
    Hi, the same issue here. My router is LTE3301-M209
    Everything was ok, the router was working fine. On Oct 18th 2019 it worked all day, and on Oct 19th, it said (in the webinterface) SIM card not ready, power indicator was blinking. I checked the SIM card with my phone - and it was OK - i had the internet connection without any problem. Put it back into the router, and I saw the same message - SIM card not ready.
    I tried to reset the router, but it didn't have any effect.

The router was inside the house all the time, hanging on the wall, nothing unusual was done to it.
    It worked only for 4 (four) months after I bought it.

• bbb
    Hi Anekrasov, 

Could you please take a screenshot of the LTE Modem Status page (Monitor > LTE Modem Status) 3 minutes after you power on the LTE3301-M209?

Could you please go to Network Scan page, select the mode to "manual", and start the scan? I would like to know whether a manual scan would display your service provider's name on the list.  

Also, does it mean that the LTE3301-M209 cannot connect to the LTE network since October 19th?

Thank you. 

Regards, 

Bob
  • anekrasov
    anekrasov Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hi, Bob,

thanks for your reply.
    1. Here's the screen of LTE modem status after 10 min (is it ok, or exactly 3min screen needed?)
    2. Ok, i tried it, and it said "there is no provider detected" (second screen)
    3. Yes. The router still cannot connect to the provider's network, and this began since Oct 19th
    But I called the provider's support and they confirmed there was no problem on their side - neither with their hardware, nor with my tariff plan. Then I checked SIM-card via my phone and it worked just fine.

• bbb
    Hi Anekrasov, 

I just sent you a message with an official account. 
    Please check your inbox. 
    Thank you. 

Regards, 

Bob
  • ddsmmes
    ddsmmes Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hi,

What was the solution? I have the same problem..
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi ddsmmes
    We found it has several symptoms when we study the previous cases. Would you please also provide the screenshot of status and LTE Modem Status page (Monitor > LTE Modem Status)? 
    Please take photos after LTE bootup 5 minutes, to make sure LTE device has finished the communication with ISP, and we would like to check the communication result. 

Consumer Product Help Center