Multimedia player for .mp3 on the NSA310s

stefan4o
stefan4o Posts: 7  Freshman Member
edited November 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hello, community.
I`ve exploring my "new" 310s and I`ve stucked on the multimedia. The idea is, that if it is possible, want to stream .mp3 files without need to download it. Should I try some browser add-on like WMP or VLC? I`ve tried both, but nothing comes out of it. How can I listen my music via streaming, without download any file I want to listen.
Regards

#NAS_Nov_2019

Accepted Solution

• Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    Enable Twonky server and published the shared folder which stored music (*.mp3) files.
    Then, you should able to listen music from NAS via Windows Media Player in the same network.

All Replies

• Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    Enable Twonky server and published the shared folder which stored music (*.mp3) files.
    Then, you should able to listen music from NAS via Windows Media Player in the same network.

• stefan4o
    stefan4o Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    Thanks for the info. But what about if I`m in the another network. Let`s say I`m on vacation, and took my notebook and want to listen my music 200 miles away from my 310s?
  • eozrocwd
    eozrocwd Posts: 58  Ally Member
    edited November 2019
    If I were you I would like to listen music via Spotify, YouTube ... or other live stream, when I'm in outside. Because NSA310s is a old product and it does not support WebDAV service, it would be hard for reached your needs via easy steps.
  • AlanBoone
    AlanBoone Posts: 1
    edited June 2021
    Your article is very good and useful for everyone.
  • thank you this is also my problem

Consumer Product Help Center