Beeping Zyxel 326

Options
Nowhere
Nowhere Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited January 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
My Zyxel 326 had started beeping at me about once a minute or so. Support said they're is something wrong with the drives. I tested them and they are fine I even put in two other drives and it still beeps at me. I've even tried it without any drives and I still get the beeping and I can't access the nas via windows. Any ideas?

#NAS_Jan_2020

Accepted Solution

• Nowhere
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I followed these instructions from support. Pulled out both drives, disconnected power, disconnected the cat 5 cable. Hit the reset button till it beeped twice, put everything back in place and now it works fine and both drives show as healthy.

All Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 55  Ally Member
    Options
    I tested them and they are fine
    How do you test them?
    Do you check "Hard Disk > DiskX > S.M.A.R.T > Overview/S.M.A.R.T Info"?
    What is the result? Shows disk as Good or Bad?

If you pull out all disks, is NAS326 still beeping? And do you able to access web interface of NAS326 at the moment?

• Nowhere
    Options
    I checked them using Seatools and they show good. Pulling both drives it still beeps. I am not able to access the web interface currently.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 55  Ally Member
    Options
    Forum user Mijzelf has collected some recovery sticks.
    http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/RescueSticks/

Please try, unzip the right one to the USB stick, put it in a back port, and reboot the NAS.
    Hope it can help you.
  • Nowhere
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I followed these instructions from support. Pulled out both drives, disconnected power, disconnected the cat 5 cable. Hit the reset button till it beeped twice, put everything back in place and now it works fine and both drives show as healthy.

Consumer Product Help Center