Backhaul traffic speed regression for latest version V2.20(ABKJ.2)C0

Options
Joakim
Joakim Posts: 15  Freshman Member
edited January 2020 in Multy WiFi System
My backhaul wifi speed got cut by 50% on the latest upgrade. Went from around 500 to 250mbps. 
Can I get some help on this issue? There must be some explanation for this strange behavior.

#MultyX_Jan_2020

Comments

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Do you check Backhaul status on Multy App? How's signal strength?

To my knowledge, Multy System will select the best frequency when reboot nodes/refresh topology, below are two way to re-scan to use best frequency. 
    .You can refresh Backhaul by the refresh button of Multy App. (Setting > Advanced Setting > Refresh)
    .Or you can reboot whole Multy System, then check it again.
  • Joakim
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the comment. 
    Backhaul is same as before. Perfect distance and did not move. I did both the recheck and a restart. In both the results were the same. 

Here is some photos from before and after the latest firmware. It’s just a little strange. 

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Dear Sir,

The latest FW: V2.20(ABKJ.2)C0 has a different algorithm to run the test on backhaul connection than the previous firmware version, but it didn't affect the actual connection on your device.

The result is only for reference, I will recommend you to focus on the actual throughput on each node. If it didn't get effect, the backhaul connection shouldn't be a problem.

We will enhance the result of the backhaul connection when user runs the diagnose on Multy App in feature release.
  • Joakim
    Options
    Thank you for the update :)

Consumer Product Help Center