Backhaul traffic speed regression for latest version V2.20(ABKJ.2)C0

Joakim
Joakim Posts: 15  Freshman Member
edited January 2020 in Multy WiFi System
My backhaul wifi speed got cut by 50% on the latest upgrade. Went from around 500 to 250mbps. 
Can I get some help on this issue? There must be some explanation for this strange behavior.

#MultyX_Jan_2020

Comments

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited January 2020
    Do you check Backhaul status on Multy App? How's signal strength?

To my knowledge, Multy System will select the best frequency when reboot nodes/refresh topology, below are two way to re-scan to use best frequency. 
    .You can refresh Backhaul by the refresh button of Multy App. (Setting > Advanced Setting > Refresh)
    .Or you can reboot whole Multy System, then check it again.
  • Joakim
    Hi. Thanks for the comment. 
    Backhaul is same as before. Perfect distance and did not move. I did both the recheck and a restart. In both the results were the same. 

Here is some photos from before and after the latest firmware. It’s just a little strange. 

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Dear Sir,

The latest FW: V2.20(ABKJ.2)C0 has a different algorithm to run the test on backhaul connection than the previous firmware version, but it didn't affect the actual connection on your device.

The result is only for reference, I will recommend you to focus on the actual throughput on each node. If it didn't get effect, the backhaul connection shouldn't be a problem.

We will enhance the result of the backhaul connection when user runs the diagnose on Multy App in feature release.
  • Joakim
    Thank you for the update :)

Consumer Product Help Center