Not getting optimal speed from Multy X

Options
2»

Comments

• King_Nothing
    King_Nothing Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    Options
    But still, my connection is 500/500, so I would think that it is enough with 855?

I find it very strange if I have to have three router from Zyxel to do the same job that Asus did with one...
  • PeterK
    PeterK Posts: 38  Freshman Member
    Options
    That isn't correct, even the spec is 1300M or 866M, the performance will reduce by the environment, and the sign coverage and performance will also relate to the power output and the number of antennas that the AP provides, that's why you can get better performance on Asus.
    Multy does provide a better Date rate than Asus on its dedicated backhaul, but they use it on the Mesh Backhaul, that's the whole point of this product.
    Multy provides a powerful backhaul connection to the satellite Multy, that's why the satellites can also have a good performance without any wire connection. With more nodes, it will provide much wider wifi coverage than the Asus.

• King_Nothing
    King_Nothing Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    Options
    I guess I just have to live with it, but next time I`ll check into Asus or another company. I could get a pretty good router for the money I spent on three Multy`s, and probably have better speeds with just one router than I get with three now.

I understand that I loose speed through walls and that the majority of the antennas are used to communicate with oterh Multy`s, but still, a drop from 500mbit to 150mbit in just 10m apart is pretty severe...

Consumer Product Help Center