Multy X - Sky Q Connection Issue

zendot
zendot Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited April 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi... My main Sky Q box keeps disconnecting from my Multy X network, multiple times a day every day for an hour or more at a time. I’ve had my Multy X network since November 2018 and Sky Q since March 2017, and didn’t have any problems until about two weeks ago when some redecoration work required me to unplug the Multy X units several times. I have three Multy X units and two Sky mini boxes in addition to my main Sky Q box. These don’t work either, of course, as they rely on the main box. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

#MultyX_Apr_2020

Comments

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Dear Sir,

1. What is your Network topology? How do you connect your Sky Q boxes to Multy?
    2. Have you tried to change the Ethernet cable which connects to the SkyQ Box?
    3. Did those Multys ever glow red after the redecoration?
    4. Do other devices which connected to Multy have a similar issue that disconnects consistently?
    5. Please "Send Feedback" from your Multy App, we will check your log to clarify this issue.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • zendot
    Many thanks for getting back to me, Eric.

1. What is your Network topology? How do you connect your Sky Q boxes to Multy?
    I’m in the UK. My ISP is Zen. I connect to them via FTTC and copper wire to a BT Openreach socket and modem, which is Ethernet-wired to my primary Multy. The other two Multys are connected wirelessly to this primary one. Everything in the house is then connected wirelessly to this network, including the main Sky Q box. The two Sky mini boxes are connected to the main box, one via a Sky-supplied booster, using Sky’s own mesh network. 

2. Have you tried to change the Ethernet cable which connects to the SkyQ Box?
    As above, there isn’t one. I bought a 30 metre Ethernet cable yesterday, which should arrive tomorrow, to try connecting the main Sky Q box directly to the primary Multy. This is to see if I can isolate the problem to a communication issue between the two.

3. Did those Multys ever glow red after the redecoration?
    I’ve only ever noticed them glowing red when I restart them. I’ve taken to restarting the primary Multy, then each of the other two, from time to time.

4. Do other devices which connected to Multy have a similar issue that disconnects consistently?
    Not that I’ve noticed. We generally have 15-20 devices connected, the usual mix of computers, phones, TVs, SONOS speakers, etc.

5. Please "Send Feedback" from your Multy App, we will check your log to clarify this issue.
    Will do. Thanks again.
  • zendot
    Hi Eric... Have you had a chance to look at my note above and/or my “Send Feedback” log? Any help would be great. Thanks.
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,
    We have received your feedback. We will assist you via email.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Consumer Product Help Center