NAS 326 Lost Connection

Sgrit
Sgrit Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
I always have been using my NAS 326 with a ethernet cable connection.

From today when I connect, after a few minutes I loose connection with my NAS.

I current use OSX Mojave 10.14.6.

Any idea of the problem ??

Thank you so much for support

#NAS_Feb_2020

All Replies

• Edwardc
    Edwardc Posts: 55  Ally Member
    Do you try to reboot NAS326?

How do you connect to NAS326? What is the network topology?
    Does macOS device directly connect to NAS326 or both devices are connected to the router?

• dompie
    dompie Posts: 1
    I have also the same Problem, but with Windows10. But it does not take a few minutes always. Sometimes it disconnects after some hours, sometimes after some minutes.
    This is especially annoying during Backups that need a relyable connection. The System freezes completely and although I can reconnect in windows explorer, the system will hang and freeze a short time after. I have to reboot the system and start from the beginning.
  • ajkbssn
    ajkbssn Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    ok, will try to explain what happens to me
    after a while (five mins sometime, four hours another) the nas326 stops interacting through
    1/ the network (tcp/ip)
    2/ the buttons on the front

the only thing that makes it listen is the reset button on the back, and then I need to reset the pwd or the power plug and then I don't have to reset the pwd

my router, a Technicolor 799 Xtream, has no connection to the nas, it is listed as a device  that used to be connected to the network but is no longer

the 326 blinks and looks normal, but it won't engage with the world around it

if I could in any way soft reboot it I would, but I also want to understand if there are settings that could make the Technicolor and the NAS to keep communicate for longer
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    You can't shutdown the NAS with the powerbutton on front, but you can when it's still responsive over network? In that case I suspect a hardware problem. Does the problem also occur if you remove the disks?

A part of the firmware is installed on disk, among which the script which handles the power button action. Without disk it will be installed on a ramdrive.
  • ajkbssn
    ajkbssn Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    You can't shutdown the NAS with the powerbutton on front, but you can when it's still responsive over network? Correct

In that case I suspect a hardware problem. Does the problem also occur if you remove the disks?
    Will be back when I have time to check

Consumer Product Help Center