Failing to setup Multy X after reset

Mac
Mac Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Multy WiFi System
I had originally setup my Multy X mesh network. Then had upgraded my phone and now I am unable to see my Multy X network on the app (IPhone X - latest firmware). I tried resetting the unit and went through the configuration and the Wi-Fi shows as setup, however no devices shown in the app and no way to get past the install setup process on the app. What do I do next to resolve this.
how do I hard reset the Multy X devices or even hard reset the Multy X App if that is even possible.

#Multy_May_2020

Comments

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2020
    Dear Sir,
    You can press the Reset button on Multy X for 5 seconds, and it will start glowing fast blinking red then reboot.
    After the reset is done, your Multy will glow blinking blue, and you are ready to install your Multy.

May I know you current iOS version and which iOS version that you updated from?

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • Mac
    I have done this several times now and go through the setup process for it to have a Bluetooth failure and prompts to retry.

my IOS is 13.4.1

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

Please confirm below information before you install the Multy.
    1. Multy is blinking blue LED.
    2. The Modem has connected to the WAN port of Multy.
    3. The modem is able to access the internet.
    4. Please close to the Multy device with your phone.

Please answer below questions if you still cannot install your Multy after follow above information.
    1. Can you provide the picture or video when the installation fails?
    2. Have you tried to install the Multy with different phone?

Best Regards,
    Eric

• Mac
    In response to your standard script:

1. Multy is blinking blue LED. - Yes
    2. The Modem has connected to the WAN port of Multy. - Yes
    3. The modem is able to access the internet. - Yes
    4. Please close to the Multy device with your phone. - Do not know what you mean! If you mean was my device held close tot he Multy X device, then the answer is yes it was.

If you still cannot install your Multy after follow above information.
    1. Can you provide the picture or video when the installation fails? - Will do shortly
    2. Have you tried to install the Multy with different phone? Yes

For anyone else who may have this issue, I have noticed if you had logged in / registered with an account before doing the installation process for your Multy X the App fails at Bluetooth connection after you have been asked to provide an SSID name and WEP Key (Password). However if you try the installation process without an account / logging in, the installation work.

The down side is the install and network management can only be done on that mobile device from there on in, which is rubbish. 

Consumer Product Help Center