Improvements by swapping a Multy Mini with Multy X?

Options
Newbi
Newbi Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited July 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi there, I’ve recently installed a Multy X and Multy mini system connected wirelessly and it has been great - decent range and stable. My broadband is rated 200 Mbps download, and can confirm same in the apps diagnostics. 
internet -> Multy x : 200Mbps DL
internet -> Multy mini : 90 Mbps DL
Multy x -> Multy mini : 500-600 Mbps DL. 

If I swap out the Multy mini with another Multy X (same location), allowing a wireless dedicated backhaul, what  speed and other improvements, if any, can I expect? Welcome average, best and worse case scenarios please. 

#Multy_Jul_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Sir,

You can connect a PC to the LAN port of Multy Mini, and run the speedtest.net on the PC browser. How is the result?

Yes, you can replace the Multy Mini with Multy X and get better performance. Multy X has a dedicated backhaul, so the wifi clients on the second location can have a more stable and faster connection experience.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • Newbi
    Newbi Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Options
    I get the marketing that a triband to triband WAP should outperform a triband to dual band WAP connection over WiFi because the dual band WAP may be splitting bandwidth pipe with connected devices. How much better though? Any links to others who’ve shared their Multy X to Multy X over WiFi diagnostics?
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Dear Sir,

Multy Mini is a dual-band AP, the 5G band will have to provide the connection to uplink which is the backhaul connection, and the downlink, the wireless clients. The throughput on those wireless clients that connected to the Multy Mini may only get half of the throughput from the Multy X. 

With two Multy X, due to the 
    dedicated band which provides only the backhaul connection, and the downlink of Multy X also has another band provides the wifi for clients.
    Throughput on the second Multy X will get the full transmission rate from the Root, and the clients will also get a fast speed from the second node.

However, the actual transfer rates may vary from network conditions such as distance, network traffics, building site material/construction, signal interference from electronic devices.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Consumer Product Help Center