nsa325 V2 references needed

DiskRaider
DiskRaider Posts: 12  Freshman Member
I have a windows 10 PC with several drive letters allreay attached to specific shares on a NAS-volume. I made a new share on an internal volume. When I click that internal volume of the NAS in windows 10 file explorer it asks me for references. I had the same problem with another PC but that was because after last update, Windows 10 disabled the SMB1 protocol by default. After enabling it again I was able to connect to the internal volume. On the other PC this trick doesn't work.SMB1 protocol is enabled but still not working. I can access the external volumes but not the internal. Shares that are allready connected are visible. Is there some sort of extra security on the internal drives? I can access the NAS on the top-level and all the volumes are displayed.

All Replies

• lodiabai
    lodiabai Posts: 120  Ally Member
    Seems it may relate to the PC itself.
    You can type \\nsa325v2_IP\ to view all of NAS folders on Windows Explorer.
    Then pin the path or mount it as your network folder.
  • DiskRaider
    I can connect  to the NAS on top-level and view the volumenames, there are two internal and two external disks. When I click on the external disks  the content is displayed, when I click on an internal disk the system asks for references. This behaviour started since last update of Windows 10. Maybe it has nothing to do with the SMB settings.

• DiskRaider
    Tried everything, diasbled firewalls etc. No clue. Thinking about buying a new NAS. But certainly no Zyxel for me anymore, the helpdesk replied with 'no support anymore, just buy a new one'. OK, but none of your products.
  • DiskRaider
    edited September 2020
    Found it: yourphone app is causing the SMBv1 protocol to fail. Remove this (just disable is not enough) and it will work again at least for me. Why is Microsoft doing these kind of things?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    What is 'yourphone' app?
  • DiskRaider
    yourphone is used to connect an android phone to the PC. It mirrors the screen of the phone to the desktop. But it causes problems if you have SMBv1 running.

Consumer Product Help Center