NAS542 fault

My nas542 has turned off by itself and does not turn on anymore, the power supply works regularly so the fault depends on the internal electronics. I was wondering if I buy a new nas542 and move the 4 discs to the new nas respecting the order will they work without problems? They are on raid 1. Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    The data will not be lost. But the network configuration, user administration, and the share administration.
    On 'disk level' the shares are just directories, which will survive, but you have to re-enable them as shares, and add user permissions, ...

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Yes, another 542 will accept the disks. But as the configuration is stored on a flash partition inside the NAS, you'll have to reconfigure the box, including re-activating the shares.
  • Ubaldo
    Ubaldo Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thanks for your attention, but the data on the disks would be lost or just the network configuration?
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    The data will not be lost. But the network configuration, user administration, and the share administration.
    On 'disk level' the shares are just directories, which will survive, but you have to re-enable them as shares, and add user permissions, ...

Consumer Product Help Center