New SIM not working in LTE3202-M430

berlinboy
berlinboy Posts: 1
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hi everyone

I've just bought a new Lycamobile SIM, but it doesn't appear to be recognised by my Zyxel LTE3202-M430, as the 'globe' light is flashing red. Two other SIMs have worked in it without a problem, and the new SIM works in my phone. Any ideas why this one isn't working in the router?

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

• Hi everyone, 
    I am also experiencing a similar problem. I bought the Zyxel LTE7480-M804 and tried it with different sim cards(SFR, Orange and Lycamobile). All sim cards work well on my mobile phone and I able to get internet connection. However, when I insert it in the Zyxel LTE7480-M804 only the Lycamobile works. Any idea why the other sim cards are not recognised by the Zyxel LTE7480-M804 device.

Many thanks  in advance

• zel_uk
    zel_uk Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @kaboagye,

I've experienced this with my LTE7480-M804 modem too. When you are changing the SIM Card, you should turn your modem off or restart the modem after inserting the new SIM Card. For me, it usually takes two reboots to get the SIM card prepared for use. 
  • Hi @zel_uk
    Thanks for reaching out. I have tried with all the major mobile operators in France ( Orange and SFR) and the router doesn't recognise their SIM.  Interesting what you described in terms of rebooting the router twice for the SIM to be recognised by the router only works for the Lycamobile SIM.
    It is quite frustrating. I still don't understand why it works for only Lycamobile Mobile SIM but it doesn't work for another SIM. Does the router only work with specific SIM cards? 

Any help will be very much appreciated since data on Lycamobile SIM is quite expensive compared to the once provided by other operators and I will be happy if the router works with other SIM. 
  • zel_uk
    Hi @kaboagye,

if you can't get your SIM cards working in your modem after multiple reboots, I don't know what problem it could be exactly. Any SIM card should work with your modem unless it's broken.
    There are few things, you could try and check:

• Check your SIM Status in Cellular WAN Status, whether it shows Available. 
    • If yes, then check whether your modem isn't locked to a certain LTE Band. It might be that you can't connect because there isn't any cell tower serving in that band. (There's also a bug [on my modem] that sometimes it won't connect and I just need to change a setting in the Cellular Band selection.)
    • If it shows locked, you should visit Cellular SIM setting and type the PIN Code of your SIM card. After applying, the modem usually needs another reboot. (for me at least - it's really buggy, to be honest)
    • If it shows something else, then try turning the modem off, remove the SIM card, try cleaning it and insert it again and turn the modem on. After booting, check again the Cellular SIM Status, if something has changed. 

That's pretty much all that has come to my mind. I have a lot of problems with my LTE7480 recognizing new SIM Cards, but usually rebooting and checking the SIM card status, or changing settings of the LTE band, magically helps. ZyXEL should fix their Firmware though. :/ 

Good luck, I hope it helps! 

Kind regards,
    Lukáš Zeman
  • Thanks, @Lukášfor the detailed instructions. I had earlier gone through all the steps you mentioned in your post. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for me. Just a few days ago, I decided to read the user guide step by step to see if I haven't missed anything. One thing that became apparently clear is that the web interface on my Zyxel 7480-M804 seems different from what is displayed on the user guide.

I later realised the Zyxel 7480-M804 used for the user guide was actually using version 2.00(ABMG.0)C0 which is different from the firmware version on my device. I, therefore, went to their online support to see if I could download the latest update of the firmware as shown in the user guide but haven't had any success. 

Good, you mentioned a possible firmware update my help. I will be happy if some could direct me to the latest firmware version since I can't seem to find it on the support section of the Zyxel L website

Sincerely, 
    Kingsley 
  • Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @kaboagye,

please confirm, we can use your E-Mail, to send you latest firmware.

Let me also know, which firmware is installed now on your device.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Tobias
  • zel_uk
    Hi @kaboagye,

you can't use all the features the user's guide mentions on the LTE7480. It's a universal user's guide for LTE series. I would love to see one feature too on my modem that is mentioned in the guide, but it actually isn't on my LTE7480.

Yesterday ZyXEL released new firmware version for LTE7480. Try updating your firmware and it might solve your problem - I saw a mention of fixes for SIM card recognition. The latest version I found is 1.00(ABRA.1)C0, you can download it here: https://www.zyxel.com/us/en/support/SupportLandingSR.shtml?c=us&l=en&kb=M-03271&md=LTE7480-M804

Also, I don't know whether @Zyxel_Tobias has a newer version, or not... 

Kind regards,
    Lukáš Zeman

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi,

v1.00(ABRA.1)C0 is the latest available version so far.

Kind Regards,

Tobias
  • Many thanks, Lukáš and Tobias. I am happy to share the good news that after updating the firmware, my LTE 7480-M804 can now recognise all the different types of SIM it couldn't identify earlier. 

However, the update seems to have also resulted in another problem. I am able to connect to the Wifi of the router but I am not getting internet connection although the router is connected to the internet. When connected by ethernet cable I able to connect to the internet.

Your help will be very much appreciated. 

Sincerely, 
    Kingsley 
  • zel_uk

That's awesome! I am glad it is finally working for you. :3

I can confirm that I also have this issue. I don't use WiFi on my modem, but I've tried it now and unfortunately, it doesn't work, even though it used to work on the previous FW version. This is weird... I think ZyXEL may soon release another update that will fix this problem. (I also expect new features that are mentioned in the latest user guide).

All I know is that the WiFi interface on the modem is not primarily for accessing the Internet. It is mainly for modem configuration, but I don't understand why it couldn't be used to access the internet. Unfortunately, I am unable to help you in this regard. :( 

Kind regards,
    Lukáš Zeman

Consumer Product Help Center