Plex on a zyxel nas326?

I bought my first NAS to use plex on it but i can't find a good tutorial on it and the text tutorials all have broken links. How do i install it?
And is there a way to have the NAS be displayed as a drive? The regular interface is really clunky and unappealing. 
Some talk about docks. What is it and does it make the NAS appear as a drive so i can edit freely?

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Rightclick the file, and choose 'Save link as' or equivalent.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    For Plex, you can install MetaRepository as described here, scroll down for details. Then you can install a Plex installer script, which allows you to install a Synology Plex package using the webGUI.

In Windows you can view the contents of a share by putting \\<nas>\<share> in the address bar of explorer. On Linux (and I think also on macOS) you can use smb://<nas>/<share>

• Mijzelf said:
    For Plex, you can install MetaRepository as described here, scroll down for details. Then you can install a Plex installer script, which allows you to install a Synology Plex package using the webGUI.

In Windows you can view the contents of a share by putting \\<nas>\<share> in the address bar of explorer. On Linux (and I think also on macOS) you can use smb://<nas>/<share>

That is the one that is the problem. There is no web_prefix to download. It only takes me to a blank side with the link text in the corner.
    How do I download web_prefix?
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
  • Mijzelf said:
    How about the rest of the instrucions? I don't quite understand what to do.
  • Mijzelf said:
    And i see no packages menu in the webinterface, how do i execute 'Retreive list from Internet'. How do i Install MetaRepository?
  • Fksahin
    Fksahin Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hello
    I followed all the instructions and came until this point; please check the photo on which I show you the steps that I have followed and the problem that I have encountered. Can anybody help me?

• Mijzelf
    I can exactly not read what is on the Plex wrapper page. But when the server is started there should be a button on the bottom which redirects you to the webpage of the Plex server itself.
  • Fksahin
    Mijzelf said:
    I can exactly not read what is on the Plex wrapper page. But when the server is started there should be a button on the bottom which redirects you to the webpage of the Plex server itself.

Hello @Mijzelf; As I have showed in my previeus enrty, when I clik the Web Interface link of Plex, I receive the 3rd photo (I have put below . 

I say "ok" and continue. However it does not scan the files in the directory that I have defined.

• Mijzelf
    Ah, I see. You entered 'Movies2' as directory? In that case the problems is that the internal directory structure is different from the 'external', as in shares you see.

Try '/i-data/sysvol/Movies2' (without quotes)
  • Fksahin
    @Mijzelf thank you very much, it works :)

Consumer Product Help Center