NBG6515 - 'Obtaining ip address loop'

After upgrading the firmware to the version V1.00(AAXS.7)C0, with most of my devices, I cannot connect anymore using the DHCP, I've to set the IP address manually.

It happens on Linux and Android with a recent kernel, so far older versions of Linux and Android are still working correctly.

The router config looks good to my eyes.
Before to try to downgrade the firmware to the previous version(s), I'd like to know if it's a known issue and if I can do anything to debug and fix the problem.

Thanks!!

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Maybe try a reset?
  • workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Hi,
    I use Galaxy note 10 +, the mobile can get IP and work correctly.
    Have you tried to reset device?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @antenore,

Could you provide which model of the Linux /android base device meet the issue?
    You can try to capture the packet and see if there is any DHCP packet related to your device.
  • antenore
    antenore Posts: 3
    Friend Collector
    Zyxel_Jerry thanks for the answer, I didn't get the notification

I've rolled back to the previous firmware version and now everything is fine.

I had to, because I was suffering continuous connection issues, even with a fixed IP address.

This happens only with Android 10 and Linux kernel > 5.0.0 as far as I can tell.

I need this connection to work (@home), so I cannot debug more the issue, I'm very sorry :-\

But tyhe new firmware version has
  • antenore
    antenore Posts: 3
    Friend Collector
    Zyxel_Jerry thanks for the answer, I didn't get the notification

I've rolled back to the previous firmware version and now everything is fine.

I had to, because I was suffering continuous connection issues, even with a fixed IP address.

This happens only with Android 10 and Linux kernel > 5.0.0 as far as I can tell.

I need this connection to work (@home), so I cannot debug more the issue, I'm very sorry :-\

But the new firmware version has some serious issues in my opinion, again, I'm very sorry I cannot troubleshoot this :-(

Consumer Product Help Center