NAS540 cannot access web interface

Victor
Victor Posts: 12  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
So today my backup program gave me an error that it couldn't access the NAS. I tried to log in to see what the problem is, and the login screen on the browser tries to log in for a few minutes and then times out. I have restarted the computer and the NAS, reset the password (which it didn't do), reset all settings (which it didn't do either).  I can still access the mapped drives from my computer though...?

All Replies

• workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Hi,

After reset, if there is an router above the NAS, you can check the dhcp table to see what IP address do the NAS get.
    You can try to access the NAS from the IP address on the dhcp table.
    You can also try to ping the IP address to see if the IP address is available to ping from your PC.
  • Victor
    All I see in the table is a "Twonky NMC queue Handler [NAS540]" entry, but when I reset the NAS the IP address doesn't change.  I have pinged the IP for it and it can be reached with no problem. In fact, as I said before, I can access the shared drives in the NAS, except the ADMIN folder or the web interface.
  • workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    You can try different browser to access and check.
    Or maybe try different devices to access the NAS, try to acces by a different computer or a mobile.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Does the NAS beep when you factory reset it?
  • Victor
    Mijzelf said:
    Does the NAS beep when you factory reset it?
    Yes, it does. I released the button after one beep and didn't clear the IP. I released it after 2 beeps and heard the 2 beeps it did afterward and it didn't release settings.  I know it didn't release settings because when I tried to log in, I used the standard 1234 password and it would tell me it was wrong. I'd then use my normal password and it will just stay trying to log in as before
  • Victor
    ROFL, and just like that, without doing anything different, it is now loading fine. Thanks for your help @workinto and @Mijzelf

Consumer Product Help Center