I want to switch devices between 2,4 and 5 Ghz without separating the SSID's

Options
Zed
Zed Posts: 2
Friend Collector
edited May 2021 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,

I have Zyxel Multy 3-pack Mesh. My Chromecast has automatically connected to the 5Ghz network and I'm wondering if there is a way to change that in the app? A way to chose which frequency band to connect to without separating the two SSID's.

Thanks in advance

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @Zed

Currently, Multy device support using different SSID on 2.4G and 5G, but not available to select a specific band on Multy APP. 
    May I know what scenario you would like to set up in your environment?

• Zed
    Zed Posts: 2
    Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi @Zed

Currently, Multy device support using different SSID on 2.4G and 5G, but not available to select a specific band on Multy APP. 
    May I know what scenario you would like to set up in your environment?

I want to connect my Chromecast to 2,4 because it’s disconnecting a lot while connected to the 5 bandwidth. While waiting for reply here I separated both bandwidths and connected the Chromecast to 2,4 but it still disconnected so I assumed there’s something wrong with the Chromecast itself. Or is there maybe documented cases of this Zyxel system being unstable with Chromecast? Thanks for your reply
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Zed

Could other clients connect to the Multy device?
    To check the signal in your environment, you can download the wifi analyzer on your mobile and use the app to check.

Consumer Product Help Center