ZyWALL 310 unexpected reboot

All Replies

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @r0b0t,

Can you provide the information that jonatan mentioned and send to me by private message?
  • mrwee
    mrwee Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi,

Hihacking this thread a bit. I've got an USG110 on V4.62(AAPH.0), where I falsely thought that our Internet connection was the issue, but today I noticed that it's actually the USG rebooting. So thinking back the router has probably caused this, since upgrading to 4.62 mid January. Is there also a pre-fix for the USG110?

• Zyxel_Can
    Hi @mrwee,

Can you provide me following information by private message;

Hi @SwayPC

You can upgrade to V4.62WK08 firmware.

We will provide it to you via private message.

BTW, if the device still reboots you can collect the console log and Diagnostic file of your device.

And providing those log files to us via private message for further investigation.

(1). Please use PC connects RS232 cable and terminal software(e.q. Teraterm) with Baud rate 115200 to connect your device and login it.

Then issuing command “debug kernel console-level 8” to collect console log.

(2). If device reboots, please navigate Web GUI path to collect Diagnostic file.

STEP1.Web GUI > Maintenance > Diagnostic > Collect Diagnostic file (It may take few minutes.).

STEP2.Web GUI > Maintenance > Diagnostic > file to download Diagnostic file.

Thanks.

• Zyxel_Can
    Hi @mrwee,

Do you have any update about this case?
    Does your USG110  still rebooting?

If so, can you please provide the information I mentioned you before by private message?
  • mrwee
    Zyxel_Can said:
    Hi @mrwee,

Do you have any update about this case?
    Does your USG110  still rebooting?

If so, can you please provide the information I mentioned you before by private message?

Zyxel_Can said:
    Hi @mrwee,

Can you provide me following information by private message;

Hi @SwayPC

BTW, if the device still reboots you can collect the console log and Diagnostic file of your device.

And providing those log files to us via private message for further investigation.

(1). Please use PC connects RS232 cable and terminal software(e.q. Teraterm) with Baud rate 115200 to connect your device and login it.

(2). If device reboots, please navigate Web GUI path to collect Diagnostic file.

STEP1.Web GUI > Maintenance > Diagnostic > Collect Diagnostic file (It may take few minutes.).

Thanks.

Sure. I'll upgrade and monitor it. , for potential re-occurance.
  • mrwee
    Have not seen any reboots yet, but it’s too soon to conclude that the problem is fixed. Will require some weeks. Luckly the router is monitored, so I’ll know for sure if it happens
  • cbnidk
    cbnidk Posts: 4
    Hi

We have a USG210 and this also restart every 3. or 4. day, we also on the firmware V4.62(AAPI.0)
    we are about to change it to a flex 500 because we got 1GB internet and the USG210 can't
    go to high only up to 600mb
    I will hope the Flex 500 don't restart byitself

claus

• Zyxel_Can
    Hi @cbnidk,

I will provide you v4.62WK14 firmware by private message. Can you please install it to your USG210 and capture log as in the following message;

Hi @SwayPC

Thanks.

• mrwee
    Had a reboot on my updated USG110 today. Do I have to connect a console cable for setting up the console log?
  • Zyxel_Can
    Hi @mrwee,

Yes, in that case you will need a RS232 to USB cable for capturing the debug logs for your USG110.

You can follow that video for capturing debug log:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioxuliuh41tc5h6/collect_console.wmv?dl=0

Please capture the debug log until next reboot and send me by private message.

Security Highlight