Connection problem with backup rsync from NSA520 to NSA325v2

For two years, the backup was performed via rsync, run from the NSA520.
Data was transferred from the NSA520 to the remote NSA325v2 without any problems.
After replacing HDDs in NSA325 with new ones and setting shares, I cannot create any "rsync" or "synchronization" backup job in BackupPlanner because there is an error in connection with the remote target NSA325 (as shown in the picture).

Normal "archive" mode works fine and both NSA520 and NSA325 and their shared folders are visible on the network and work OK from PCs.

Could someone suggest how I can fix it?

Best Answers

• Sapphire23
    Sapphire23 Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Yes you can basically factory reset your NSA325 create new volume for new hard drives.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,600  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Did you install the BackupPlanner package on the 325?
    Did you create a share on the 325 with read/write access?
    Can you ping the 325 from the 520 in Control Panel->Network->TCP/IP->Network Diagnosis?

All Replies

• Sapphire23
    Friend Collector
    Maybe you can reset NSA325, create new clean volume for NSA325 and create rsync backup from the beginning.
  • SlawekJ
    SlawekJ Posts: 4
    Maybe you can reset NSA325, create new clean volume for NSA325 and create rsync backup from the beginning.
    What kind of reset do you mean? Do you mean a factory reset?
  • Sapphire23
    Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Yes you can basically factory reset your NSA325 create new volume for new hard drives.
  • SlawekJ
    Unfortunately, the problem persists :(
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,600  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Can you ping the 325 from the 520 in Control Panel->Network->TCP/IP->Network Diagnosis?

• SlawekJ
    Mijzelf said:

I solved the problem. As you said, after the NSA325v2 hard reset, I still had to install BackupPlanner. I don't know how it's possible that I haven't noticed it before. Thank you and best regards.

Consumer Product Help Center