Licence moved without our intervention

CommsCo
CommsCo Posts: 22  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2021 in Nebula
Ref Licence: N-APLS-NAPLLL-EC79041C239B85F1

MAC address: 5C:6A:80:XX:XX:XX

Moved the MAC 5C:6A:80:XX:XX:XX last Saturday from one organization to another and it moved the perpetual licence as well, without me asking it to.

I need N-APLS-NAPLLL-EC79041C239B85F1 moved back to the organization "Comms Company" asap please.

Richard Forshaw

All Replies

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2021
    Hi @CommsCo

Due to privacy concern, I would like to mask a part of the mac address.

Kindly inform you that our license is now device based license.
    Once license binds on your device, it just follows the device when it moves.

• If you would like to transfer this license back to "Comms Company" organization, please PM me a device MAC/SN that is in "Comms Company" organization now.
    • If you have no device in "Comms Company", we are unable to help you to transfer your license, since the process needs to be device to device for your scenario.
  • CommsCo
    Be handy if Zyxel in the UK had the device I wanted to replace the one that has moved - surely, I bought a perpetual licence for my own company, it is a perpetual licence, it should stay where it is!
  • CommsCo
    This is odd, as the four licences for routers and switches did not move when I removed the items from our inventory, but the AP one did.
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2021
    @CommsCo

Thanks for your quick respond.

As we mentioned that our license is device based license, so it follows device.
    However, if your license is registered in your organization and not binding on any of device, license will not follow device when you move device.

Therefore, if you would like to transfer your license back to "Comms Company" organization, we can only transfer the license from your AP to device of Comms Company organization.

Let me know if there is any concern. 
    Adam
  • CommsCo
    Please transfer just the licence back to Comms Company.
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @CommsCo,

Unfortunately, our system does not support license transfer from device to organization.

As I mentioned that our license is device based license.
    Once your license binds on a device, we could only help you to transfer your license from DEVICE TO DEVICE only.

Adam

Nebula Tips & Tricks