NAS542

Hi all.
I have a major problem I hope you can help me with.
In my NAS I have 4 harddrives (2TB, 3TB, 10TB and 12TB). All in Raid BASIC.
For some reasend all my files was saved on the 12TB drive and nothing on the others.
Now I have changed the 3 empty drives to JBOD and they apear now as one drive on 15TB.
My question are: How do I change the drive with all the files to JBOD without loosing the files.
I have tryid to connect it to my computer but Windows don't see it.
I also tryid to connect it as externel drive without any luck.

Anyone who can help a noop. :)

Accepted Solution

• Sapphire23
    Sapphire23 Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Looks like you misconfigured your volumes. I assume you enabled your NAS's SSH.

First  SSH to your NAS and find /i-data/ path. Execute ls and find your volume names, then execute this command to move content first

mv /i-data/sysvol/* /i-data/targetVolumeID/

After that remove the hard drive with the files and create your volume again. But this time create RAID5 with 3 drives (12TB, 10TB and 3TB). Using basic raid or JBOD is not a good idea.

Move the files back again to your RAID volume

mv /i-data/previousVolumeID/* /i-data/sysvol/

All Replies

• Sapphire23
    Sapphire23 Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Looks like you misconfigured your volumes. I assume you enabled your NAS's SSH.

First  SSH to your NAS and find /i-data/ path. Execute ls and find your volume names, then execute this command to move content first

mv /i-data/sysvol/* /i-data/targetVolumeID/

After that remove the hard drive with the files and create your volume again. But this time create RAID5 with 3 drives (12TB, 10TB and 3TB). Using basic raid or JBOD is not a good idea.

Move the files back again to your RAID volume

mv /i-data/previousVolumeID/* /i-data/sysvol/

• Sieben
    Sieben Posts: 2
    Sapphire23. Thank's for your answer, but I got it yesterday. After I had been fidling with the 3 small drives, I found where I could add the files from the large drive so that I could see them in Windows. So now I'm copying the files to the small drives. After that I will format the big drive into (against your warning ;)) JBOD.

Consumer Product Help Center