Armor G5 skills? (to add)

Options
Scorpione
Scorpione Posts: 34  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited January 2021 in Home Router
Hi, I migrate my question here to get more information about the Armor G5 router.
1. It is not possible to turn off only the wifi 2,4 while I would like to have turned on only the 5ghz.
2. It would be useful to add the port aggregation (trunking to 2.5ghz) function: 1gbit, important for those who use a nas qnap like me.
3. I can remotely manage some functions through the app but the Zyxel server, as a cloud service does not seem to work, by entering the mac address manually it does not see the router, maybe there are some programming errors.
4. Some words translated into Italian must be correct.
5. Implement auto restart day by day.
6. The firewall function is immature, the rules are generic and unclear: it is recommended to indicate in the list accept reject (actually all yes or all no).
7. It can be fun but not essential: being able to choose by setting the LED colors. I saw from the main menu that some panes are blank
Thank's

All Replies

• Scorpione
    edited January 2021
    Options
    ...and add into the forum the possibility to delete a post if one do an error :)

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,059  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Dear @Scorpione,

Thanks for your suggestion on Armor G5.
    We'll evaluate the feature.

Best regards,
    Jerry

• Scorpione
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Nice thank's
    (ah i have tested the samba's service: unsecure make on smb1, actually is 2 or newer smb3 and the usb fat32 are seen correctly, if ntfs is not recognized-showed. I use a Nas and i no need it but consider in the future some fix) :)
  • ThomasV
    Options
    Jerry..
    Did anyone at Zyxel actually try to use the firewall themselves.
    I've tried your support, and they were totally unable to make any sense of this firewall, and ended up posting a defect with your tech team. That was 4 months ago, and nothing has happend.
    Setting the firewall in accept mode is totally useless, because the firewall only allows you to define 64 rules, and you can not define ip ranges, only single ip addresses.
    Usen the firewall in drop mode is also useless, because you can only define 64 rules, and therefor only drop packages coming from max. 64 ip addresses.
    So if you are considering something, please fix the firewall. I've considered delivering mine back, as the product is useless, and comparede to the instruction manual which promisses rule configurable security, the product is actually defective.
    I was happy using zyxel routers until now. If you can do something about this, it would be great. Something is wrong with your QC and functional testing, when such a product can be released. Sad to say!

Best regards,
     Thomas
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,059  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @ThomasV

Thank you for your sincere suggestions.

There will be new releases on Armor series. Those feedbacks will be evaluated as well.

New feature and enhancement will be implemented in the next release which will be launched in around 2022 H1, please kindly wait for the announcement.

• Scorpione
    Options

Hi @ThomasV

Thank you for your sincere suggestions.

There will be new releases on Armor series. Those feedbacks will be evaluated as well.

New feature and enhancement will be implemented in the next release which will be launched in around 2022 H1, please kindly wait for the announcement.

Another usefull: into the app to implement an VPN mode client's ON-OFF from smartphone, actually is frustrating to log everytime for make changes.

Consumer Product Help Center