Speed Test on 1Gbit Fibre Broadband

MIBSWE
MIBSWE Posts: 33  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
Hi,

Have just been upgraded from a 600Mbit broadband link to 1Gbit on fibre. Have run the test speed option on the Multy X & it usually displays download speed up to 520Mbit & upload 900?bit+. The download speed should be similar to the upload speed. Why isn't it? It's using a CAT7 network cable & both IPV4 & IPV6 are enabled.

I have tested from.my Macbook Pro via a network cable connected to the Multy X & it displays the correct speed for both download & upload.

The router is in a mesh of 3 and it's the master & running the latest firmware. Any ideas?

Thanks.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @MIBSWE

If it is the Multy device itself running the speedtest would have the limit of the throughput result.
    Since the speedtest procedure is running on multy device itself.
    To prevent a high CPU on the Multy device, there is a limit on the throughput result, 

• MIBSWE
    Thanks for the reply. It does seem strange that the uoad speed is correct but the download speed is wrong. If it's a limitation with the CPU, wouldn't the update speed be wrong as well?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Hi @MIBSWE

Could you share some screenshots related to your speedtest result? 
    You can share it to us as attachment when sending us the feedback on the Multy APP.
  • MIBSWE
    Hi @Zyxel_Jerry,

It's frustrating but when I use the app to send a mail to Zyxel, it comes back to tell me the email user does not exist. It sends it to multy_support@zyxel.com.tw. That didn't work and then I removed the .tw and it still didn't work. So here is my screenshot.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Hi @MIBSWE

The send feedback should work on the Multy APP, do you have related screenshot of the issue ( the email user does not exist.), 
    When sending feedback, you'll generate two log files, you can private message the log to us.

• Was there a solution or explanation to this issue? I see same kind of test result on my Multy Plus; dl 350, ul 980 on 1G fiber.
  • MIBSWE
    Unfortunately not. I provided my log data etc & still no change. 
  • I believe the issue is that Multy can’t handle the firewall traffic - just not enough power to crunch data. So basically the device can’t handle over 500mpbs DL. Unless Zyxel guys prove me wrong. Trying to plug in a router between fibre router and Multy and run Multy in bridge mode.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Hi @nr000001, @MIBSWE

Thanks for the feedback.
    The effort of Multy packet flow is different when doing the speed test.
    The incoming packet must go through kernel flow and finally send to the speed test process and count packet number, it might give the device a heavy loading.
    The packet upload to the speed test server from Multy, Multy is able to prepare the packet content before starting the test, it doesn’t count toward procedure time. And send it out without routing, it would not have a heavy loading on Multy device.

So the download might have a limitation on it.
    The diagnosis is just a reference for the throughput on the Multy device, for the throughput testing, you may use the ookla speed test or openspeedtest server to do the test for the reference on the clients connected to the router.

Consumer Product Help Center