NAS-542 - Strange display of volume usage of volume 4

Within my NAS-542 I have 2 Discs with standard 4 TB capacity, each is split into 2 volumes with 1.92 and 1.66 TB.

Installation works fine, all 4 volumes with ext4 and all 4 volumes opened for everybody as a simple local fileserver.

While the display of volume 1 to 3 show the real usage (compared to my Windows XP and WIN 10 display), the volume 4 shows a tiny usage of 196 Megabyte, however my Windows explorer shows the real usage of more than 1.2 Terabyte of the 1.66 capacity and that is true. I did check it several times.

What is wrong with the firmware of the 542 ?. Why ist the display of volume 4 faulty ?

All Replies

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited February 2022
    Do you create the folder under the same volume(volume2)?
    Maybe you map the same sharefolder on windows.

Or you can backup all the file and recreate the disk group again.
  • dernachtwerker
    dernachtwerker Posts: 11
    edited February 2022
    Hi Dexter,
    I did create the 4 volumes very carefully, with the experience of my NSA320. Because these 4 are running for years and very relyable. I did create all 4 Volumes step by step and did adress 4 different names. All 4 volumes are working fine (within the Windows environment). The display only is strange. I will backup all volumes and recreate it, but I need one night for copying. But for now, the production server must be available day and night in my editors office. I have 3 more NAS-540 test-servers. The link onto my experience web-pages will follow shortly. Many new infos are found.
    I will report, how there is or was a solution.
    thank you
    thenightworker - Gert

Consumer Product Help Center