NWA210AX and client deauth by Configuration Changed

Nate
Nate Posts: 8
First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Hi, I'm experiencing this issue where one of my WiFi clients will periodically get deauthed and then re-associate and keep doing this every few minutes. The message in the log is:

Station: 18:26:49:9f:82:b5 has deauth by Configuration Changed on Channel: 161, SSID: Yggdrasil 5Ghz, 5GHz, Signal: -70dBm, Download/Upload: 0/0 Bytes. reason 3, Interface:wlan-2-2

What is this "Configuration Changed" exactly? The client is a desktop with an Intel AX200 wireless adapter, so it's not moving around at all. Signal strength is steady around -69dBm.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Silvia
    Zyxel_Silvia Posts: 77  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer

Hi Nate,

May you enable zyxel support for us to check,

You may tell us the organization and site name through message.

Thank you for raising question here.

Silvia

• Nate
    Right now my APs are not connected to Nebula, they're being managed locally. I have captured diagnostic logs from both of them. Is there a way I can get them to you?
  • Zyxel_Silvia
    Hi @Nate ,

you can send to us through message.
    Thank you.

Silvia
  • Zyxel_Silvia

Hi @Nate ,

After analyzed the diagnostic file,

We suggest you to use fixed channel for WDS (smart mesh) connect,

And we scan your environment, we recommend channel 153 or157.

We also find your setting:

Station Signal Threshold: -60dBm

Disassociate Station Threshold: -66dBm

And your WDS signal is about -65dbm, we think this cause WDS disconnected.

We would suggest you edit 5G radio profile advanced setting, and adjust

Station Signal Threshold: -82dBm

Disassociate Station Threshold: -88dBm

After you adjust your setting, please observe for few days.

Thank you.

Silvia

• Nate
    While I had adjusted the signal and station thresholds and in the past  experimented with them, I did not have "Enable Signal Threshold" checked off so they shouldn't have been applying. Just to be safe though, I adjusted the thresholds anyway while still leaving that feature disabled. I also manually set the channels as you suggested, and I noticed improved WiFi stability, but not 100%. I decided to restructure my network, moving my firewall, switch, and NAS into my home office so I could have more of my core equipment on a wired connection and not wireless since the NWA210AX have not been totally reliable.

I just performed a test: perform a file copy of two 10GB files from a wired workstation to a wireless workstation. The copy went about 75% and then the 
    NWA210AX the file was being transferred through started dropping wireless clients offline. For instance, my daughter was streaming a TV show from Disney+ through a Roku and the Roku not only lost it's WiFi connection, but the NWA210AX refused to allow the Roku to reconnect. I even stopped the file transfer, rebooted the Roku, and the NWA210AX still would not let it on the WiFi. I then rebooted the NWA210AX and the Roku connected no problem. I have captured the diagnostic logs and will send them to you.
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Nate

If you transfer the file and streaming the video at same time, both jobs in the same channel. AP will take time to process the traffic but won’t disconnect the client in normal case.

We’ll help to check what logs said in the diagnostic file and what caused disconnection.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• Nate
    Thanks, logs sent.
  • Zyxel_Bella
    edited March 2022

Hi @Nate

Got it. We’ll check the diagnostic first. 

If the NWA210AX is still managed by Nebula, could you please enable the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes and provide the Org and Site name, thank you.

Regards,

Bella

• Zyxel_Bella

Hi @Nate

We’ve done the investigation for your reference.

From the logs, we found the behavior of the device that you provided mac address always fails the WPA handshake at first step as below then the device doesn’t response AP anymore.

wlan-2-2: STA <mac address> WPA: sending 1/4 msg of 4-Way Handshake

Most common cases are the password is incorrect or somehow the packets lost in the air and the security method is not compatible between AP and device. We suggest you could create an SSID with open security to compare the result

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to let us know if we could help more on your case. Thank you

Regards,

Bella

Nebula Tips & Tricks