NWA90AX

Markus_Bavaria
Markus_Bavaria Posts: 11
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Dear all, recently I got an additional WLan Access Point NWA90AX into my home. Problem now is, that some of my devices do not recognize "same network" if I log into NWA90. If I log into old existing AP (NWA1123-NI) everything is fine... Both APs are in same physical network with Netgear-GS110 TP as PoE-Switch and a Fritzbox 7590.
I assume a configuration is not made proper by me, but what?

Thanks for all your help,
Markus

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jay
    Zyxel_Jay Posts: 163  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Markus_Bavaria

Welcome Zyxel Community,

According to your question, don’t worry and it is not caused by AP setting. It looks like the device’s behavior that sends the warring message when defect new network devices, Maybe you can be based client OS or system to search the pop our message.

Of course, if you need our assistance, please provide the client and OS info for us. we are glad to help you to resolve your question.

Wish you have a good day

Zyxel_Jay

• Hi, thanks for your response. Issue happened e.g. with my iPhone. One App is from Pioneer which is for the connection to my receiver, message: Network error, one other App is IQControl NEO which is as gateway to home automation, message:"Error"... (not very helpful at all). How can I check, it not only my iphone tell me its connected to the network via NWA90, can I check with Nebula if there is "real" traffic?
  • additional information: it takes general a long time to connect my iPhone to NWA90. If I stand directly in front of the device, the status LED is blue, the I connect with iPhone, LED switch to green and it take >2min. to connect. On NWA1123 it only take seconds...
  • Zyxel_Jay
    Thank for your response.

OK,We will check your AP log on Nebula to clarify this problem.
    Could you kindly help us to turn on your Zyxel Support Access from the below path in your nebula?

PATH: Help (Left sidebar corner)>>Zyxel Support request >> Zyxel Support Access>>enable invite Zyxel Support as administrator

Please make sure both of your AP(NWA90AX and NWA1123) online.

Then please tell us your org&site name, AP mac address,your iphone mac address(or station name on Nebula),you can PM me if you don’t want to show personal information in public.

We'll check the problem as soon as possible.

Sincerely
    Zyxel_Jay

• you got a PN

• Zyxel_Jay

Markus_Bavaria

We have seen your setting and event log on Nebula .

We found your environment has the the other AP uses the same SSID, the logs show it roamed from other AP sometimes. Please help to check your environment or change other SSID do to further test.

Thank you  

Zyxel_Jay

• Please check again, NWA1123 has SSID "Zyxel_EG", NMW90AW has SSID "Zyxel_OG", they are different since the beginning...
  • Zyxel_Jay

Hi Markus_Bavaria

Good day

In your event log, we saw the roam log. (We PM the log picture for you)

Is MAC your other AP NWA1123-NI?

And we also saw the intra-roam log, your device frequently roams from 5G to 2.4G

It causes your device can’t connect to AP immediately.

We can adjust the Radio setting first.

PATH: Access Point>Configure>Radio Settings

1. Adjust Maximum Output Power > Change Custom --> High-Density Deployment

2. Disable Smart Steering

Sincerely

Jay

• Dear Yay,
    regarding MAC I sent you a PN.
    Radio Settings are done
  • Zyxel_Jay

Hi @Markus_Bavaria

Good day,

We have seen your logs and it looks like a bug we are handling.

We turn off/on your AP radio setting. Can you kindly help to test again whether the issue still happens or not?

On the other hand, can you share your AP NWA1123 diaginfo ? We want to check the roaming log question.

Zyxel_Jay

Nebula Tips & Tricks