Connection troubles with NR7101 after every 24 - 48 hours

Comments

• RisTo
    RisTo Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Ok, so where do we find ABUV.6 firmware?
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    I have sent a question to Zyxel!
  • Dear all
    I also received version V1.00(ABUV.6)b1_0221 from Zyxel for testing (but am still on the R11A03M4G module). This is now working stable for a few days, but I still have the weekly reboot active. By the way, this now also actively allows switching between the two SIM slots.
    Many greetings
  • RisTo
    edited May 2022
    V1.00(ABUV.6) & R11A07M4G

Had a drop in connection soon after update but then 10 days without issues.. good?

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Posts: 8
    First Anniversary
    I have a weekly reboot and so I have now since 3 or 4 weeks no problems with V1.00(ABUV.6) & R11A03M4G. I wait for the official R11A07M4G upgrade. 
  • Stiel
    Stiel Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector
    edited June 2022
    Blackbird said:
    I have a weekly reboot and so I have now since 3 or 4 weeks no problems with V1.00(ABUV.6) & R11A03M4G. I wait for the official R11A07M4G upgrade. 
    Wow, didn't notice there was this post around.
    Since atm im the most commited and knowleadgeable on this Router, i will shed some light on the matter, maybe it helps.
    There is no official modem firmware from zyxel, it's quectel, and you dont need for zyxel to release an official modem firmware, because they DON'T do it.
    They just release the dfota that works on their products, but it doesnt mean they build it.
    The reasons they don't have official downloads for the device, or the reasons why they didn't update the 5g download page whit latest firmware, probably because none of these firmware are really stable 100%.
    the V6 should be release when it gets the stable version, at least on the 5G download page.
    About firmware, since the firmware is already not really stable, they don't want to give more chance for breakout to ppl that are not IT technicians.
    So, quectel does the firmware, they just do the Dfota to work whit zyxel, but you can also upload whatever latest version available on quectel forums, because they are all original and official, and have nothing to do whit zyxel.
    Having said that, if you want, you can have all latest firmware on my drive, im just sharing latest because i keep giving feedback, and they usually give me latest firmware on zyxel, and the same whit quectel.
    Latest i have is nr7101_datecode_20220419, build on may.
    Will get latest soon, and you will notice a difference. Have fun!
    As reminder, always reset after a firmware upgrade, even inside gui you can reset, on backup/restore page. This is true for Zyxel firmware, not modem firmware. usually even just a reboot is enough, and reset doesnt affect modem in anyway.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RVYbTX4NlLoMDlcjn0Iddlnwx0Zhv-H0?usp=sharing

• RisTo
    Connection started cutting again this week, at least a few times per day. When it goes offline, it never recovers without reboot.

Zyxel, this is getting ridiculous.
  • u3000
    u3000 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I'm fine with Openwrt on my NR7101 here. It has a cron job to daily reboot and the package "watchcat" installed which resets the modem in case 4 pings in a row fail to a specific host in order to bring the net online again.
  • n_o
    n_o Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    u3000 said:
    I'm fine with Openwrt on my NR7101 here. It has a cron job to daily reboot and the package "watchcat" installed which resets the modem in case 4 pings in a row fail to a specific host in order to bring the net online again.

does openwrt support ip-passthrough ?
    what country are you ?
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2022
    Hello @n_o

Here is a OpenWRT page, see https://openwrt.org/toh/zyxel/nr7101 

Although it is described as not easy, there is a thread at https://forum.openwrt.org/t/flash-on-zyxel-nr7101/116006/72 that talks about the experiences of running OpenWRT on NR7101.
         - some users have got it working on Telekom in Germany, and some on Telenor in Norway.

Not easy though. I have not tried it myself, but users on the OpenWRT forum say that it can be done but describe it as not easy.

Kind regards,
         Tony

Consumer Product Help Center