XGS1930-28 dead after migration to nebula

Today I treied to move to Nebula with my XGS1930-28. First it looked promising, but after some reconfiguration, the switch seems bricked. I tried factory reset and config reset, but nothing is working: no ethernet link is establishing on any port.

Any idea, how I can fix this?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,593  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @FotoFieber,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

According to your description, the switch is working fine before re-configure via Nebula.
    More likely, the problem is related to misconfiguration causing switch offline/malfunction.
    I tried factory reset and config reset
    I assume that you only press the "Restore" button in the front panel.
    You will also need to change back the SW configuration to the last good one on Nebula, and press the restore button for 7 seconds to re-push the correct configuration to the switch. And then verify if the problem is resolved or not.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

• The switch does not establish any ethernet connection. (Ports all seem dead.) So it can not connect to Nebula and I am not able to push a configuration.
    I did push the restore button for 7 seconds but this didn't help either. (And I did press the reset button for 7 seconds and this didn't help too.)
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,593  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @FotoFieber,

This problem more likely is a hardware issue, could you help to confirm the sys LED, which is in the front panel, is blinking green or steady green?
    If the sys LED is blinking for a long time, it looks like the switch can't boot up properly, please submit an RMA request here.

If the sys LED is steady green, could you help to connect a loop on the switch?
    If the port link LEDs are off, please submit an RMA request here.

Zyxel Melen

• @Zyxel_Melen
    Thx for your reply. My device got replaced (for free on warranty) and I will try to use Nebula with it again.

Nebula Tips & Tricks