Fix slow speed with NAS326 and NFS

gelinp
gelinp Posts: 5
First Comment
edited September 2022 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi,

I activated NFS on NAS326 and I'm directly connected to my NAS. Then I start to save files and speed is up to 150 MB/s, then it decrease rapidely less than 10MB/s... When I'm connected with gateway (Freebox Crystal) speed start up to 100MB/s then decrease rapidely less than 2 MB/s...
My Ethernet controller is Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15).
So it's look like it's not a hardware problem, but a parameter is limiting the speed...
Thank you for your help.

All Replies

• gelinp
    First Comment
    edited September 2022
    I add below content of file /etc/exports on the NAS326
    /etc $ more exports
    /i-data/f7bcb100/nfs *(rw,sync,crossmnt,fsid=0,no_subtree_check,wdelay,no_root_squash) #
    /i-data/f7bcb100/nfs/NFS *(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,wdelay,no_root_squash)
  • gelinp
    First Comment
    edited September 2022
    Isucceded this morning to mount SMB shared directory (with Linux Mint 10.2) with direct Ethernet connexion to my NAS326 : speed to copy backup files (2 Go / file) is ~55 MB/s.
    It's better but not again what I expected (~70  MB/s).
    So it looks like there is a problem with NFS mount with the NAS. And also may be with ethernet controler of my laptop (70-55=15 M=B/s), and with my Gateway (Freebox crystal) because with gateway speed is ~12,5 MB/s with SMB Shared directory.

Consumer Product Help Center