Why can't I turn off DNS threat filter, nags to purchase Gold

Rix
Rix Posts: 21  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments SurveyFeedback-2022-Nov Friend Collector
I have about had it with the limitations of Nebula. Ready to scratch and go back to native interface. Cannot maintain stable IPSec connection, Cannot setup Vlan/VPN Snat and now this.  The device came with UTM pack for a year, Nebula Pro, but I am still crippled trying to do anything real in this kiddie interface.

Accepted Solution

• Rix
    Answer ✓
    It shows "enabled" but it is not, because its not on Gold.  It cannot currently be changed to "disabled".  UI issue, I will expect it will be resolved in future edition. 

All Replies

• Blabababa
    Blabababa Posts: 151  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Had you installed the UTM security pack or Gold security pack license on your device? As I know this is a licensed feature, I don't have it so I also see the popup notification just like yours.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Some people might think that "nag" is not the right word, which should be "ad". Kinda.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,280  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @Rix,
    If you don't have Gold Security Pack license, the function will not be provisioned from nebula to the firewall even if it shows "turn on" on the GUI. It means the function in the running configuration file on the firewall is "turned off". We will discuss the UX design and display status of this page internally. 
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Hi @Rix,
    If you don't have Gold Security Pack license, the function will not be provisioned from nebula to the firewall even if it shows "turn on" on the GUI.
    Such unwise choice of UI. How could it possibly be accessible a swich in the UI that the user cannot enable it?

• Rix
    Answer ✓
    It shows "enabled" but it is not, because its not on Gold.  It cannot currently be changed to "disabled".  UI issue, I will expect it will be resolved in future edition. 

Nebula Tips & Tricks