My three Multy M1 always blinking green

Options
My 3 Multy M1 work fine, but they don't stop blinking green. I have no other issues. They are in NAT mode. What could be wrong with my setup?  

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @bombasti,

Please refer to the below article to complete the installation of your Multy topology
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13713/multy-m1-installation#latest

Please follow the guide in the article to set it up again, if the symptom still exist, please let us know.
    Please also check if the firmware is on the latest firmware.
    The latest firmware is V1.00(ABZF.4)C0.
  • OnnoJ
    OnnoJ Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    I have the same issue.
    All is working well, but main router and two satellites continue blinking green.
    Both WebGUI as Multy app show no issues.
    No issue visible in logs.
    Latest firmware is installed.
    Performing installation does not solve it.

It is quite annoying in the living room and bedrooms!

Please provide solution.

• chichin79
    Options
    Same issue here and I have already once reseted all three multy m1 and readded them. It works for a couple of weekes and then sudenly they start to blink green and I cant reach them in the app, not at home and not outside of the home either?? And I could reach them and it looked all ok for a couple of weeks. I think an FW upgrade from Zyxel would be in place!

The funny thing is that everything is working like it should, however, the first time this happend I rebooted the m1:s and it did not work after that, now I dont want to reboot them and go through the process again... And same thing will probably happen again after a couple of weeks... 
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Options
    Hi @OnnoJ

There is a LED button on the Multy M1 device, you can turn off the LED by pressing the button.
    Do you know when the LED starts blinking green?
    Does the LED work normally before or did it just begin blinking after completing the installation?
    Please send us the feedback log on the Multy APP.

Hi @chichin79

Does the symptom occur regularly on specific days, for example, every 14 days?
    It appears that the issue occurs regularly.
    Regarding your mention of "rebooting the m1:s," which devices were you attempting to reboot? 
    Can you provide more details what prompted you to reboot the device?

• chichin79
    Options
    Hi @OnnoJ

There is a LED button on the Multy M1 device, you can turn off the LED by pressing the button.
    Do you know when the LED starts blinking green?
    Does the LED work normally before or did it just begin blinking after completing the installation?

Hi @chichin79

Does the symptom occur regularly on specific days, for example, every 14 days?
    It appears that the issue occurs regularly.
    Regarding your mention of "rebooting the m1:s," which devices were you attempting to reboot? 
    Can you provide more details what prompted you to reboot the device?

Hello Zyxel_Jerry
    The symptom is occuring right now. I will write down how it happend.

First setup:
    Connect everything and add the via Zyxelapp. One main m1 and two m1 satellites.
    Working as expected. After a cpuple of weeks all m1:s starts to blink green and I cant reach the m1 through the app but I can login to the GUI on 192.168.212.1
    It was blinking green for the whole day and then we rebooted the m1:s And after that nothing worked so we reseted all of the m1:s

So we do the setup again a couple of weeks ago and three days ago it started blinking green again and still does, it does not stop. Everything is working but a bit worried if there is a poweroutage for example... I think it will break down again.. :-(
  • OnnoJ
    Options
    My experience is exactly the same as chinchin79.

In reaction to comment: I know there is a buttons to hide the LED, but that only works if light is steady green, not when blinking - this blinking remains visible no matter the position of the led-button.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Options
    Hi @OnnoJ @chichin79

To clarify the issue, I have sent you a private message, please check the message box.
  • OnnoJ
    Options
    @Zyxel_Jerry;
    Today I reset everything from scratch (factory reset) after I noticed that the satellites had an IP adress outside the domain.
    Initially I had set up via the Web GUI only and changed IP-address of the main WSM20 unit to 192.168.1.101 and adjusted the pool accordingly. The later added satellites got appropriat IP-addresses asdigned like 192.168.1.xxx.

After I used the Zyxel Multy app, just to check and the changing name of the satellites, apparently the IP-adresses of the satellites were changed (by the Multy app?) to adressen in the IP-range conform the factory settings: 192.168.212.xxx

Although mesh kept on working (due to UTP/wired backhaul?), this may have causes the satellites and Main router to blink green?

During reset and re-configuration I now kent the suggested IP LAN settings.

Question arises whether the Multy M1 - managed through combined use of WebGUI and Multy app-  can be used with alternative LAN IP-settings?

Could it be that the update to the Multy app introduced an issue in the LAN IP arena?

Regards, OnnoJ
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Options
    Hi @OnnoJ

We have received your send feedback log, we'll contact you via email.

Consumer Product Help Center