No Internet on Multy M1 satellites

I am a fresh user of Multy M1 3-pack system. After sucessfull installation on of the Mesh satellites doesn't provide Interent connection.
Could it be a hardware problem?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Lapko 

For the first installation for Multy M1 satellites, please refer to the steps outlined in the following post:  
    How to install the satellite on Multy M1 and check the MESH status — Zyxel Community

If you encounter any issues or problems during the installation process, please do not hesitate to provide us with screenshots or more detailed feedback so that we can assist you. Thank you. =) 

Kay  

Kay

• Lapko
    Lapko Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Thank you for your advice, but as I mentioned in my post I have successfully set up my Mesh network.
    The problem occurs with only one of the satellites which doesn't provide wifi Internet.

As you can see both satellites are online but when connected to one of them "Parter" there's no Internet signal.
  • Zyxel_Kay

Based on the screenshot you shared, it appears that the "Parter" satellite's backhaul signal strength is quite low. This is likely causing packet loss in the mesh connection due to the low signal strength. 

To establish a stable mesh connection, we recommend placing the satellite closer to the uplink device. This will help ensure that the backhaul signal is within the "Perfect" range for reliable transmission.  

Kay 

Kay

• Lapko
    First Comment
    Strange! The LED on the satellite is green so it should be working properly.

• Hello, I have this problem aswell. Intermittently my satellite drops internet, but is still connected to the primary which has internet connection. When I look at backhaul it says my satellite is to close but that is not the case its quite a distance away. Can you help with this intermittent internet loss? Mine is a 2 hub system which was only installed just before Christmas. I am wondering if I have a defective satellite hub. 
  • Lapko
    First Comment
    Mine was returned to the seller.
  • Zyxel_Kay
    edited January 2023

In order to gain a comprehensive understanding of your issue, we kindly request your assistance in providing the following information: 

1. Could you please provide a detailed description of your satellite installation process and the steps you take to pair your satellite? 

2. In addition, we would appreciate it if you could share with us information regarding your mesh information(ex: backhaul signal) and network topology, including any connected devices. 

3. Furthermore, we would like you to know the condition of your satellite, could you please share with us the satellite’s LED status and help us to do some test to determine why the satellite internet connection is failed. Please help us to connect your PC wiredly to satellite as the topology below and try to ping the Router’s and Satellite’s LAN IP address, then feedback to us is the device responding. 

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. 

Kay 

Kay

• HoSDo
    HoSDo Posts: 2
    First Comment

Here another one with similar issue, my satellite is unable to provide internet although in my scenario says the satellite has perfect backhaul. Sent a feedback

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee

Hi @HoSDo

We have received your send feedback, we will contact you via email.

• Paraveen
    Paraveen Posts: 2
    First Comment

Same problem... Main router linked to Virgin Media and it keeps dropping internet almost every 7-10 days...

Absolute nightmare...

Btw VM router wireless works fine, so it can not be Virgin Media router.

Oh yes it looses WiFi only, lan connection works absolutely fine.

No idea what to do,

Consumer Product Help Center