Virtual WAN interface or multiple WAN IP method

Options
TAPTech
TAPTech Posts: 165  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
I have a WAN connection with 5 available static IP addresses.  I want to send guest traffic over a different IP than the business traffic.  Can I create a virtual WAN and a policy route to do this?

When I try to create a new WAN interface I get a warning about multiple interfaces on a port group.  I'm not sure if that means I need to enter a VLAN, but that gives me some confusion...

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 616  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello TAPTech,
    One WAN port group only can have one WAN interface binding regardless it is a virtual WAN or not. It means you cannot add a new (Virtual) WAN interface in a WAN group which already bound to another WAN interface.

Is it the error message you meet? If not, please provide a screenshot of the error message and the settings of your WAN interface, thank you.

James
  • TAPTech
    Options
    Hi James,
    Yes, that is the same error. I am used to my old USG60 series, where you could add a virtual interface to the existing WAN interface.  What options do we have to route guest traffic over a different static IP in the same WAN interface?  In this case, I have 5 static IP's available from the ISP.
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    Hello @TAPTech
    Nebula mode does not support that binding multiple WAN interfaces in one WAN group. In other words, each WAN Group can only have one WAN (virtual)interface.

James
  • TAPTech
    Options
    Thank you James, I understand the limitation.  Is there another method that you can think of, that can route traffic from a certain internal subnet over a different public static IP?
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    Options
    I don't get why zyxel did Nebula if its not going to have all the options of standalone?
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    Hello @TAPTech
    Do you mean by Policy Routing? Policy Route allows you to route a certain subnet to a specific WAN interface.

James

• TAPTech
    Options
    Almost. I have WAN1 plugged into a fiber gateway/modem. I have 5 static public WAN IP's available. I want to route all outbound traffic from a certain internal subnet over one IP, and traffic from a different internal subnet over another IP.  I could do this relatively easily with my USG60, non-nebula firewall.
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    @TAPTech, could you provide your routing topology with a diagram? and what do you encounter when setting it up on Nebula? thank you.

James

Nebula Tips & Tricks