DHCP Domain Name configuration

Options
Hi,

Where can I configure the DHCP domain name using nebula for a USG Flex 200?

Basically I need the Zyxel DHCP Server to populate the Connection-specific DNS Suffix with our local domain name.

Thanks for the help.

David

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DaviD42

Welcome to the Zyxel community. You cloud refer to the below steps for how to configure it:

SETP1. Navigate to Firewall Configure > Interface LAN interface configuration and add a new DHCP option. I use the lan1 interface with IP address 192.168.88.1 for an example.

Option chooses "User defined", Type chooses "TEXT" and type the data to Name, Code, Value fields.

STEP3. Navigate to Firewall Configure > Firewall settings and add an Address record.

STEP4. If the PC connects to lan1 interface(with IP address 192.168.88.1) and would find the Connection-specific DNS Suffix has already been added.

Thanks.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DaviD42

Welcome to the Zyxel community. You cloud refer to the below steps for how to configure it:

SETP1. Navigate to Firewall Configure > Interface LAN interface configuration and add a new DHCP option. I use the lan1 interface with IP address 192.168.88.1 for an example.

Option chooses "User defined", Type chooses "TEXT" and type the data to Name, Code, Value fields.

STEP3. Navigate to Firewall Configure > Firewall settings and add an Address record.

STEP4. If the PC connects to lan1 interface(with IP address 192.168.88.1) and would find the Connection-specific DNS Suffix has already been added.

Thanks.
  • DaviD42
    Options
    Excellent. Thank you very much for your help.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hi @DaviD42

OK, you are welcome ;) !
  • networx
    Options

Dear,

This option is missing for me. Please advise:

USG FLEX 500H

firmware V1.10(ABZH.0)

DHCP Extended options is missing

• networx
    Options

• macandmore
    macandmore Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

same here on FLEX 700H… any Update on this?

Nebula Tips & Tricks