NR5101, no Celular SMS

Tom65
Tom65 Posts: 3
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hi, I own a NR5101 and it is not possible to receive SMS. When I push the button "Retrieve Messages" the web interface hang up and the connection to Internet ist lost. With web interface, I had to reboot the NR5101.
How it is possible to receive SMS?
Thanks, Tom

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 836  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023
    Hello @Tom65

Looking at the user guide for NR5101 dated January 2021, available at https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4403365084818-5G-Devices-Advanced-Downloads-Firmwares-and-other-resources-  ,I cannot see the 'Retrieve Messages' button.
           - In figure 59 there is just the toggle for SMS Inbox Enable

Can you post a screen shot please? And let us know what firmware version you have in your NR5101 please?

Happy New Year.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Tom65
    First Comment
    Hello Toni, no "SMS Inbox Enable".
    Kind regards,
    Tom

• Tom65
    First Comment
    Firmware: V1.00(ABVC.6)C0
  • Hello facing the same problem than Tom65, but have a newer version Firmware: V1.00(ABVC.7)C0

Was there a fix for this?

On the cellular sms section I can see that there's total capacity of 20 but no messages come through

• Justice
    Justice Posts: 3
    First Comment

From router dashboard I checked updates for firmware and found a newer version V1.00(ABVC.8)C0. After updating to this, I can retrieve messages. Still figuring which number format works, since none of the test messages from my phone arrived but network provider etc do reach via sms

• sportniik
    sportniik Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi. I also have the same problem. I own NR7102 and it recently received SMS function, but it also does not work. It is something elementary to have a SMS function on broadband router. I paid a lot for my outdoor 5G router cca (500€). Can't understand that. Most basic Huawei modems have this fixed.

Consumer Product Help Center