L2tp vpn remote connection

Hi there, form today i have this problem, a client told me that the remote connections on the mobile phone don't work, i have a ikev1 onthe firewall that is usgflex 100 nebula mode, is in nat configuration, so, a week ago all work wonderful, but now not work, the mobile phone says (please upgrade a ikev2 vpn mode) but if i try a configure ike v2 on my phone i can't put my user and password, but only the shared key. so how i can resolve? i need a configure new vpn gateway, or i can upgrade only the ikev1 to ikev2 from the firewall and phone without change too many configuration?

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,651  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Android stupid reason and I guess no one see the point with user and password for ikev2 just if they have shared key your trusted.

• yeah, but how i can resolve?  and for apple is the same that you know?, if you says it to me, i must wait a android update? or i can have other mode to gige the remote connections to the users android?
  • PeterUK

There's nothing you can do but use ikev2 without user and password option.

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 123  Ally Member
    I don't have Android phone for testing but I thought you can use strongswan application instead of native ikev2.
  • PeterUK
    Some one needs to do a ikev1 vpn app for Android 
  • Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 741  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @Capriwebdesign,
    Greeting Forum, 
    We will recommend using the ikev2 because it's more secure. Please kindly refer the link  to complete ikev2 setting
    Thank you
    Kevin

Nebula Tips & Tricks