SmartMesh extremely unstable on two NWA50AX

agrsdl
agrsdl Posts: 26  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited November 2023 in Nebula

Hi there,

Recently I'm having a lot of issues with my two NWA50AX, one connected via Ethernet to the main network, and the other connected to the first one as a smart mesh repeater.

They will work for a couple of hours and then the wireless one will be unable to connect. If I go into the event log I see some “Wrong WPA2 Pre-Shared Key on 5GHz, please check.”.
Also, one of the available WiFis SSIDs that I see is Zyxel_AP_xx:xx:xx:xx (which I guess it's the smart mesh backhaul).

I tried connecting the second AP to ethernet so that it gets the connection right, after I disconnect it from ethernet it gets into this errored state after couple of hours.

What could be causing it and how can I debug it or fix it?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 528  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2023

Hi @agrsdl

For better clarify your problem, could you please share with us your AP’s firmware version, repeater AP uplink signal and the event log while your repeater connection lost? Alternatively, you can enable Zyxel support in the Nebula CC >> Help center >> Support request and provide us with your organization/site name and the time that problem occurred so that we can investigate directly. 

Kay 

Kay

• agrsdl

Thanks @Zyxel_Kay ! I enabled Zyxel support, the org is ‘Casa-AG-ZX’

• agrsdl

let me know if that is enough to debug, thanks 🙏🏻

• kavya
    kavya Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2023

I'm also using NWA50AX, Simply put, when there are many competing Wi-Fi signals, performance suffers. It's especially acute in apartment buildings or mixed-use offices. Still, there are ways you can fix an unstable Wi-Fi connection and bring your connection speed back to normal. regards

If your Wi-Fi sucks, a Wi-Fi analysis app is the best way to find out your router's ideal network settings. If you're still getting unreliable internet after changing your router's channel, consider troubleshooting your Wi-Fi problems. Sometimes ironing out the kinks on your home internet will fix those irritating reliability issues. thank you.

• agrsdl

Thanks @kavya

Sadly (well, not so sadly tbh) they worked flawlessy for months.

The area around me is a little crowded but nothing really problematic.

The thing that's bothering me is the fact that they don't stay connected and lose their keys in the process. It was working fine for a long time (and I always invite my friends to buy this model because it's that good).

I would love a second look to be sure it's not software related or it is caused by some devices in the network.

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @agrsdl

We have received your request for Zyxel Support. 

After carefully look into your site, we determined that the problem was caused by an abnormal Smart Mesh establishment. 

To resolve the problem, we have released a new datecode firmware. Please let us know when it would be convenient for us to schedule the update on your Nebula site. To bring the configuration of your repeater AP up to date and solve the problem, please plug in your Ethernet cable and wait for the repeater AP online in Nebula. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 😊   

Kay 

Kay

• agrsdl
    edited February 2023

Thanks @Zyxel_Kay !

Any time around UTC 00:00 - UTC 07:00 is fine for me, any day.

If these hours don't match your working hours just propose me a time and a day and I'll prepare for the upgrade. No worries.

Once I have the confirmation of the upgrade finished on your side I'll connect the repeater to the ETH cable.

Thanks, let me know

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @agrsdl

The datecode firmware for your site has been successfully upgraded. To bring the configuration of your repeater AP up to date and resolve the problem, please plug in your Ethernet cable and wait for the repeater AP online in Nebula. If the LED light is steady blue or green, the update is successful and you may make it be a repeater AP again.   

Thanks for your cooperation again! :) 

Kay   

Kay

• agrsdl

Thank you! I think I successfully updated them.

• agrsdl

@Zyxel_Kay Today the problem presented again. would you mind checking again if the upgrade was successful and if there's something else causing problems?

Nebula Tips & Tricks