SmartMesh extremely unstable on two NWA50AX

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2023

Hi @agrsdl

Upon reviewing the internal log of your repeater, we found that the repeater's WDS Profile was lost, which may have caused your repeater AP to lose connection. However, we are still investigating the root cause of this issue.

In the meantime, we kindly request your assistance in bringing your repeater's configuration status up to date. To do this, please connect the repeater with an Ethernet cable and wait for the configuration status to update. Once updated, you can unplug the Ethernet cable and make it as a repeater again. Additionally, we recommend replacing your APs and positioning them closer together to ensure that the repeater uplink signal is within -65.

Please kindly give us a feedback if there is any issue.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Kay

Kay

• agrsdl
    agrsdl Posts: 26  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

@Zyxel_Kay I connected the repeater to the Eth, updated it, attached again in the other part of the house, but it doesn't work yet.

I cannot move them any closer than this, also, it worked beautifully for a lot of months.

Do you think replacing the node might fix it? I'm well within the support time and can open a RMA.

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited March 2023

Hi @agrsdl

We apologize that the datecode didn't solve your problem in the first time.

We have identified that the root cause of the problem may be related to a bug in our Smart Mesh mechanism. As a workaround, please enable the downlink button at NCC > Access point > Access point > Your repeater AP > Status > Smart Mesh. 

Once you have enabled the downlink button, please connect the repeater with an Ethernet cable again and wait for the configuration status to update. After that, you can unplug it and set it up as a repeater again. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we are committed to fixing this bug in a timely manner. 

Kay 

Kay

• agrsdl

@Zyxel_Kay Thanks! Using the downlink fixed the bug!

I noticed the firmware is pinned to the old version on both AP, can you unblock them so that they are updated to the latest version?

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @agrsdl

We are glad to hear that the bug fixed currently. However, we would like to advise against unblocking the firmware upgrade at this time. The datecode firmware that we uploaded on your site includes other bug fixes for the smart mesh, and unlocking the upgrade may cause a rollback to the previous firmware. 

We are currently working on a new version of the firmware that will further address issues with the smart mesh mechanism. Once this new version is released, we will notify you. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Kay 

Kay

• agrsdl

@Zyxel_Kay Hi! Any news on when I will be able to go back to the default version?

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @agrsdl

We recommend staying with the datecode firmware that we uploaded on your site since it includes bug fixes for the smart mesh. If we unlock the upgrade, it may cause a rollback to the previous firmware, which may reintroduce the issue you experienced. 

In the meantime, we have released a new datecode firmware that resolves the smart mesh mechanism issue related to the downlink button. If you have the time, please provide the available time, we can help you upgrade it to your Nebula org. 

Rest assured that if there is any new official firmware release for NWA50AX, we will keep you informed and announce it on Zyxel Community.  

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Kay 

Kay

• agrsdl

@Zyxel_Kay Feel free to upgrade it and ping me once you're done.

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @agrsdl

The latest datecode firmware update has been successfully installed for your site. To ensure that your repeater AP's configuration is up to date, kindly connect your Ethernet cable and wait for the repeater AP to go online in Nebula. If the LED light remains steady blue or green, the update has been successful, and you may use it as a repeater AP once again. 

Thank you for your continued cooperation! 😊 

Kay 

Kay

• agrsdl

hi @Zyxel_Kay

I updated everything but I'm noticing some higher pings in the WIFI and some intermittent connectivity issue that weren't present before, can you doublecheck that everything is fine?

Nebula Tips & Tricks