MyZyxel Cloud Automatically Installs itself and starts consuming too much Cpu.

Hello,

I have Nas326. firmaware is
V5.21(AAZF.12) (The lastes as of 23.03.2023)

I have realized that Myzyxel cloud app is installing itself automatically. I uninstall it again it installs itself after a while.

When I check via "top" command , it is shown that is consumes some CPU and after a while this CPU consumptions becomes great.. Is there a solution for it..

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2023

The 'Tweaks' package has a function to disable that installation. To install tweaks first install MetaRepository.

http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/

• e128968
    e128968 Posts: 5
    First Comment

Dear Mijzelf, thank you for you reply.

Is there any other alternative for disabling Myzyxel cloud rather than installing tweaks.

I looked to the link but could not understand very well the instruction for installling it.

May be you can suggest some command which can be entered via SSH.

Or can limiting the internet connection of the NAS by firewall can be a solution?

Thanks in advance…Nowadays I am connecting to the NAS 10 times a day and uninstall the app.(Myzyxel cloud.)

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Disabling it is not an easy task. A script has to be changed on each boot. That is not persistent, because the file is stored in readonly flash, and copied to a ramdrive on boot.

But if you can block your NAS from accessing ftp2.zyxel.com on port 21, that will also work. That will also block accessing the package repository for other purposes.

Consumer Product Help Center