LTE5398-M904 it resets every time i restart it

GUAGGIO
GUAGGIO Posts: 5
First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Good evening, I have a problem with my ZYXEL LTE5398-M904 router. From today every time I restart it it resets to factory settings forcing me to set all the settings every time. Can anyone help me?

Best Answers

• JeanFrancois
    JeanFrancois Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi,

As reported a few days ago,

• sys atcr reboot will revert to default "saved" settings, and those settings are saved in "rom-d" whatever it is: by default these are factory settings
    • zycli save_default save will save your current configuration into "rom-d", and at this time you can now use sys atcr reboot to reboot the device without loosing the settings!
    • To revert the "rom-d" to default settings if you need to, 1st use zycli save_default clean and the sys atcr reboot

In case your "rom-d" is corrupted, I would suggest you 1st use zycli save_default clean to clean up the "rom-d" and reboot with sys atcr reboot, configure again all your settings and then use zycli save_default save to store them in "rom-d". If your router still loose your settings, it might be a hardware issue, my 2 cents.

(of course, use SSH with your admin login to enter these commands)

• JeanFrancois
    Answer ✓

TBH, saving in the "rom-d" is a workaround but the Zyxel shouldn't loose your settings when you restart: in my very own opinion there is someting wrong with the hardware, and I would personnaly consider asking for a RMA.

All Replies

• JeanFrancois
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hi,

As reported a few days ago,

• sys atcr reboot will revert to default "saved" settings, and those settings are saved in "rom-d" whatever it is: by default these are factory settings
    • zycli save_default save will save your current configuration into "rom-d", and at this time you can now use sys atcr reboot to reboot the device without loosing the settings!
    • To revert the "rom-d" to default settings if you need to, 1st use zycli save_default clean and the sys atcr reboot

In case your "rom-d" is corrupted, I would suggest you 1st use zycli save_default clean to clean up the "rom-d" and reboot with sys atcr reboot, configure again all your settings and then use zycli save_default save to store them in "rom-d". If your router still loose your settings, it might be a hardware issue, my 2 cents.

(of course, use SSH with your admin login to enter these commands)

• GUAGGIO
    edited April 2023

Perfect it worked. But now I would like to understand why it happened. Usually the settings in which memory are saved if in rom-d there are the default ones? Because I don't want it to be damaged and therefore I should replace the product to avoid problems in the future.

• GUAGGIO

Yes, apparently if I make a change to the router from the WebGUI then it's not saved when I restart.

Is there any other proof I can give?

• JeanFrancois
    Answer ✓

TBH, saving in the "rom-d" is a workaround but the Zyxel shouldn't loose your settings when you restart: in my very own opinion there is someting wrong with the hardware, and I would personnaly consider asking for a RMA.

Consumer Product Help Center