NFS install fails with 'Unknown Error', firmware update fails with 'Connection to server hung'

Options
Glenn_Smith
Glenn_Smith Posts: 6
First Comment
edited June 2023 in Personal Cloud Storage

I'm trying to install the NFS app, but I get the error message 'Unknown Error'. When I try to update the firmware I get the error message 'Connection to server hung'. I've had the NAS326 for less than a week. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Accepted Solution

• Glenn_Smith
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Many thanks for that. It's solved the problem. I've set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and I'm now able to check on the firmware update and download apps.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,613  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Do you have evidence that the NAS can reach the internet?

• Glenn_Smith
    Options

What's the best way to check? There is a LAN cable installed and I can connect to it on my local network.

• Glenn_Smith
    Options

Just a quick update. I've configured UPnP port mapping on the NAS and confirmed that the router is set up to allow UPnP. The port mappings are visible on the router UPnP client list. I'm not able to add any apps to the device or update the firmware. When the device was first installed I was able to update the firmware.

• Mijzelf
    Options

What's the best way to check?

There is a diagnostics tab somewhere near the TCP/IP settings in the webinterface. There you can try to ping google.com.

Alternatively you can enable the ssh server, login over ssh and ping from the commandline.

I'm not able to add any apps to the device or update the firmware.

That's another pointer something is wrong. In most cases this caused by a fixed IP address in combination with a wrong default gateway and/or dns.

• Glenn_Smith
    Options

For the TCP/IP general settings I've set up a manual IP address for the DNS server. Within the network interface for LAN1 I've configured the Ipv4 manually. Is that the best approach? I'm not sure what the gateway IP address should be for the Ipv4 configuration.

• Mijzelf
    Options

I'm not sure what the gateway IP address should be for the Ipv4 configuration.

The address of your router.

Is that the best approach?

Don't know. The use of DHCP is normally easier, but a fixed IP has also it's advantaged.

• Glenn_Smith
    Options

The NFS app download gets to 25% and then fails with an unknown error. I'm still not able to access the server to check on a firmware update.

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    Options

I have NAS326 on hand, and it can download without problem, maybe you can try with google DNS and try again.

• Glenn_Smith
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Many thanks for that. It's solved the problem. I've set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and I'm now able to check on the firmware update and download apps.

Consumer Product Help Center